Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2019, 09:18 PM   #891
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
wait, so there is a staff in place (which BTW looks pretty good to me, though I'm surprised Shumate wasn't brought over) and they just got a commitment? So does that mean everyone isn't going to jump off a ledge??? I kid.

Davenport looks like solid recruit who can do a little of everything. His form on his shot already looks better than anyone I can remember over the last 10 years.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #892
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
wait, so there is a staff in place (which BTW looks pretty good to me, though I'm surprised Shumate wasn't brought over) and they just got a commitment? So does that mean everyone isn't going to jump off a ledge??? I kid.

Davenport looks like solid recruit who can do a little of everything. His form on his shot already looks better than anyone I can remember over the last 10 years.
Didn't realize he played AAU ball with Samari.
According to their stats Curtis averaged 12.3, 2.1, and 1.9 while Davenport averaged 10.1, 4.1, and 1.5. His coach said he was by far the most improved player which is why he re-opened his recruitment.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #893
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
Didn't realize he played AAU ball with Samari.
According to their stats Curtis averaged 12.3, 2.1, and 1.9 while Davenport averaged 10.1, 4.1, and 1.5. His coach said he was by far the most improved player which is why he re-opened his recruitment.
Hmmm. Wonder if hes freinds with samari....

Also really curious ab what happened with shumate
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #894
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Seems like Davenport is as solid of a 2019 recruit we could realistically ask for this late in the game. How is his outside shooting? Is his skill set more guard or forward oriented?
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 02:42 PM   #895
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Weird reports about Todd. Chad has been updating all weekend from Nike EYBL and questioned whether Todd is actually good enough. Said he seemed disengaged and fouls like crazy for no reason. A little disheartening to hear but I have no idea the evaluation chops of Chad. I wanted Todd mainly cuz I don't think we have a shot a Bolton but now I don't know what to think.

Edit: Todd just dropped 24 in the last game....let the confusion continue.
Old 05-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #896
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
You know what cracks me up is the Mick haters accusing those of us who were smart enough to recognize just how good he was for the program of "settling for mediocrity" and comparing him to Marvin Lewis, but then turning around and swearing up and down that they'll "always support the program NO MATTER WHAT" (i.e. no matter how hard they just kicked themselves in the dick by letting Cronin walk, initiating a multi-year rebuild, and consigning themselves to the AAC cellar for the foreseeable future) just like... you know... a bunch of Bengals fans with Stockholm Syndrome.
So the Cronin suppprters resort to rewriting history to stay in their fantasy world. No one “pusher Cronin” out the door. We gave him his renovated arena $80 million upgrade and he leaves the next year. He took the first decent opportunity he has been given since starting at UC and claimed he has been dreaming about it his whole life. Don’t make stuff up. Cronin dumped on the City, players, and fans. And we are better off for it
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #897
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
So the Cronin suppprters resort to rewriting history to stay in their fantasy world. No one “pusher Cronin” out the door. We gave him his renovated arena $80 million upgrade and he leaves the next year. He took the first decent opportunity he has been given since starting at UC and claimed he has been dreaming about it his whole life. Don’t make stuff up. Cronin dumped on the City, players, and fans. And we are better off for it
Yeah Mick left and will find out real fast just making the dance doesn't cut it in Westwood. I actually liked Mick but I'll bet he's looking for a job in 4 to 5. I'll say it again UC is not in some major crisis. Coach Brannen will develop players better than Mick did and the program is in better hands now than it was two months ago just give it some time.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #898
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
I know I’m going to catch heat on this but landing Davenport, Todd, and Bolton at this late point in 2019 would be pretty solid IMO. Hoping for more in 2020 but we have to keep things in perspective. At worst it gives you some very good bench depth if we can improve in 2020.

Sounds like a reasonable possibility for Todd and Bolton but we have more irons in the fire I’m sure. If we don’t get either I’m not going to throw in the towel on CJB. But my confidence level would go up if we do get them.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:22 AM   #899
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Not sure if we ever had a chance with him but Isaiah Moss is down to Arizona State, Arkansas, Kansas, and Oregon FWIW.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 06:51 AM   #900
TheRealUC
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I know I’m going to catch heat on this but landing Davenport, Todd, and Bolton at this late point in 2019 would be pretty solid IMO. Hoping for more in 2020 but we have to keep things in perspective. At worst it gives you some very good bench depth if we can improve in 2020.

Sounds like a reasonable possibility for Todd and Bolton but we have more irons in the fire I’m sure. If we don’t get either I’m not going to throw in the towel on CJB. But my confidence level would go up if we do get them.
You shouldn't catch heat for being excited about bringing in good player...that said, Chad's reporting he doesn't expect UC to continue their recruitment of Todd. May be based in his supposed lackluster play this weekend or perhaps they're getting good news from Bolton??? Should be an interesting week.