Old 06-04-2019, 11:26 AM   #1431
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Losses Replacement My Suss

Jenifer - McNeal/MAW Slight downgrade experience-wise

Broome - Jaevin At least a wash, maybe upgrade

Brooks - Sorolla downgrade

Johnson - MAW/McNeal wash –McNeal much better assist/TO ratio, fewer fouls, …LoJo much better on boards & shooting (except from 3)..MAW unknown @ncaa level

Nsoseme - Prince/Hardnett upgrade offense/down defense

Fredericks - Prince/Hardnett gotta be an upgrade

Curtis - Davenport dunno…we’ll see

I don’t mention anyone as a replacement who was already an active player

I might have the personnel match-ups as far as positions totally out of line...I dunno
Any thoughts, corrections etc.?
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #1432
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
FWIW, here are Torvik's projections:

Jarron----32 mins, 19 pts, 4 reb
Scott-----31 mins, 12 pts, 7 reb
Jaevin----27 mins, 9 pts, 3 reb
Williams--27 mins, 10 pts, 4 reb
McNeal---26 mins, 8 pts, 3 reb
Moore----20 mins, 5 pts, 3 reb
Sorolla---14 mins, 3 pts, 2 reb
MAW-----12 mins, 3 pts, 2 reb
Hardnett-8 mins, 2 pts, 1 reb
Diarra----5 mins, 2 pts, 0 reb

#44 overall
#71 offense
#27 defense
#331 tempo

70% tourney odds, most likely seed 9.

I would guess Diarra and Prince will take some of the minutes assigned to Moore, but overall it's not a bad guess for a computer algorithm. The team rankings are obviously factoring in too much of Cronin's style.

Last edited by sedziobs; 06-04-2019 at 11:48 AM.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:07 PM   #1433
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
The only reason I don't pencil in Jaevin as an automatic starter is because he is still a mystery in many ways. It seems like 1/3 of the board thinks he should occupy our starting 1 spot, 1/3 of the board thinks he should replace our incumbent starter at the 3 spot, and the other 1/3 doesn't know what to do with him yet.

McNeal's and Sorolla's roles are easier to envision for next season because each only plays one position on each end of the floor. Cumberland's position appears to be a bit more ambiguous even though I'm under the impression he has always just been a 2.

I'd love to see Jaevin and Jarron on the floor together as much as possible next season, but there are going to be times when Jarron will have to sit for extended periods of time (5+ minutes). The thought of having someone with the same alpha mentality and similar shot-making abilities to fill in for him is a huge asset, and if that player could enter those situations with fresher legs, then all the better.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #1434
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Cumberland 32.5
Scott...32.5

Williams...27.5
Cumberland...27.5

Diara...20
Sorolla...12.5

McNeal...15
MAW...5

Moore...12.5
Gillam...7.5
Hardnett...7.5

Davenport...0 (RS)
Vogt...0 (sit out)
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #1435
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Cumberland 32.5
Scott...32.5

Williams...27.5
Cumberland...27.5

Diara...20
Sorolla...12.5

McNeal...15
MAW...5

Moore...12.5
Gillam...7.5
Hardnett...7.5

Davenport...0 (RS)
Vogt...0 (sit out)
I'm with the McNeal isn't starting squad. Even if McNeal started Jarron would have to play some PG minutes. McNeal just doesn't look like a starter compared to Jaevin/Williams.

Scott 32.5
Jarron 32.5

Jaevin 30
Williams 27.5

Diarra 20
Sorolla 7.5

Moore 20
McNeal 10
MAW 5

Hardnett 7.5
Gillam 7.5

Davenport (RS)
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 12:39 PM   #1436
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Losses Replacement My Suss

Jenifer - McNeal/MAW Slight downgrade experience-wise

Broome - Jaevin At least a wash, maybe upgrade

Brooks - Sorolla downgrade

Johnson - MAW/McNeal wash –McNeal much better assist/TO ratio, fewer fouls, …LoJo much better on boards & shooting (except from 3)..MAW unknown @ncaa level

Nsoseme - Prince/Hardnett upgrade offense/down defense

Fredericks - Prince/Hardnett gotta be an upgrade

Curtis - Davenport dunno…we’ll see

I don’t mention anyone as a replacement who was already an active player

I might have the personnel match-ups as far as positions totally out of line...I dunno
Any thoughts, corrections etc.?
I'd say Jenifer to McNeal/MAW is more than a slight downgrade in terms of experience and shooting.

Jaevin I'd say is an upgrade over Broome at least when Jarron is also on the floor. His 3-point shooting should be huge. But not sure he can create his own shot as well as Broome could at times.

Brooks to Sorolla is a massive downgrade, but hopefully Diarra can shoulder the load.

LoJo to McNeal/MAW I'd agree is a wash. I'd call MAW a slight downgrade just because he is a year behind and less experienced.

Hardnett/Prince are the hardest one to guess on. I'm hoping one or the other of them (or both) can provide quality minutes this year. Like Diarra they have tons of potential, it's just a question of how quick they will be able to use it. Hardnett might even be able to sub in for Diarra at center.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:22 PM   #1437
dj3600

dj3600 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I'm with the McNeal isn't starting squad. Even if McNeal started Jarron would have to play some PG minutes. McNeal just doesn't look like a starter compared to Jaevin/Williams.

Scott 32.5
Jarron 32.5

Jaevin 30
Williams 27.5

Diarra 20
Sorolla 7.5

Moore 20
McNeal 10
MAW 5

Hardnett 7.5
Gillam 7.5

Davenport (RS)
With them pressing I think he will have to use the bench more.So here is my guess.

Jarron 30
Scott 30

Williams 25
Jaevin 25

Diarra 20
Sorolla 10 (think this will depend on the game but 30 min split between these guys seem about right)

Moore 13
McNeal 19 (again I think you have about 40 min between these 3)
MAW 9

Hardnett 9
Gillam 10

Davenport (RS)
dj3600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:35 PM   #1438
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
defensive rebounding is important to brannen and not only is scott not a great one, none of the guards are good rebounders. KW is NOT a good rebounder defensively. his DR% was barely higher than jenifer and broome.

jarron is alright for a sg, but he's nowhere near what Parker was, and nobody else is even close to what jarron is.

its going to be interesting to see how brannen works around this.
Kw at least has to tools to be a good rebounder I feel like he’s always up the floor looking for a fast break that is his problem I don’t think he lacks actual rebounding skill it’s his mindset and positioning
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:43 PM   #1439
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post

Scott 32.5
Jarron 32.5

Jaevin 30
Williams 27.5

Diarra 20
Sorolla 7.5

Moore 20
McNeal 10
MAW 5

Hardnett 7.5
Gillam 7.5

Davenport (RS)
Looking at McNeals page on Torvik site...he had the worst ORTG on his team when at NM by a good margin. Yes he provides value as a ball handler distributor but I'm not sure we want him out there more than straight backup minutes.

Jaevin would have the highest ORTG (carried over from last year) on our team as of right now. In the Horizon but you get the picture.

Last edited by waterhead; 06-04-2019 at 01:50 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #1440
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Looking at McNeals page on Torvik site...he had the worst ORTG on his team when at NMSU by a good margin. Yes he provides value as a ball handler distributor but I'm not sure we want him out there more than straight backup minutes.

Jaevin would have the highest ORTG (carried over from last year) on our team as of right now. In the Horizon but you get the picture.

Brannen is just going to have a heart to heart with McNeal if Mcneal plays a lot. McNeal thinks he's a great 3 point shooter by the way he talks and the amount he takes, but he's not. If he wants minutes on this team he's gonna have to understand he's the 4th best option at best. He's here to take care of the ball, push it when the opportunity presents itself, and get us in our sets in the half court. He shouldnt be shooting much.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote