Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2011 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-28-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'11 NJ TE Jack Tabb (Offer)

Tight End
Red Bank, NJ (Red Bank Catholic)

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 230 lbs
40: 4.75 sec

Offers: BC, UC, Florida, IU, Iowa, Maryland, Mich St, UNC, NC State, Pitt, Purdue, Rutgers, Virginia, WVU, Wisconsin

Interest: ND, Penn St
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Red Bank, N.J., tight end Jack Tabb contacted Scout.com on Thursday night to let us know he picked up three more offers from Boston College, Cincinnati and Wisconsin to put him up to 13 written scholarship offers.

http://cincinnati.scout.com/a.z?s=34...%2f973128.html
Old 05-28-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

The Offers Keep Coming for RBC’s Jack Tabb

For a player who doesn’t have a whole lot of varsity football experience (one year), Red Bank Catholic junior Jack Tabb has become a prime target of some of the nation’s top football programs. He now has seven Division I offers – Rutgers, Maryland, Purdue, Iowa, Florida, North Carolina and Pittsburgh, according to Caseys coach Jim Portela.

If I’m not mistaken, Tabb is the first Shore Conference player to get an offer from perennial national title contender Florida since Knowshon Moreno’s days at Middletown South. For a 6-4, 250-pound tight end, he runs well and is athletic. I don’t even think he caught 10 passes last season as a junior because RBC was more of a run-oriented team behind the tandem of Andrew Casten and Kevin Whitlock. I believe rising junior Ryan Spahr, who is a baseball standout with a strong arm, looks to be the Caseys’ next quarterback, so I would think Tabb will be more of an impact offensive player as a senior. But as we all know, it’s not necessarily what you do in high school, it’s what you project to do at the next level, and Tabb has all the requisite measurements and times to put him front and center in the recruiting efforts of a lot of quality programs.

http://theblitzallshoremedia.wordpre...bcs-jack-tabb/
Old 05-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I'd say Butch is setting up camp in NJ with no plans for leaving.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Sure seems like it. I wonder what the connection with NJ is? We've offered more NJ kids this year alone than I think we probably ever have.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I think you're right. One, its probably to try and negate Rutgers and Syracuse, but also there is talent there that Michigan, ND, and the South are making inroads at. Get their first, and set up camp
Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #7
JasonS
Football Moderator

Butch Jones was a graduate assistant at Rutgers University from 1990-1992. He was there as a defensive assistant.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

How Tha f...k did I miss that
Old 05-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #9
JasonS
Football Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
How Tha f...k did I miss that
It happens to the best of us. People forget about it because he was just a grad assistant there. Either way, he seems to have some kind of connection with NJ. There are some good players that come out of there. It would be nice to get a chunk of those.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

Jack Tabb (Red Bank, N.J./Red Bank Catholic) is a player college coaches like at first sight because he has an impressive physique. They probably like him even more when they learn that he's played only one year of varsity football.

Tabb was among the top prospects who attended the second session of the Boston College camp this week. Tabb, who will be a senior next fall, worked out as both a tight end and a linebacker on Monday. Some schools have also told Tabb that they see him as a defensive end.

Jack Tabb is the No. 11-ranked TE in the 2011 class.

"I still feel like I have an edge at tight end, but the more I learn as a defensive player the more comfortable I'm becoming there," Tabb said.

Tabb, who stands a shade over 6-foot-3 and weighs 241 pounds, has received 19 scholarship offers. The most recent offer came from Arkansas last week.

Boston College, Florida, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia, Iowa and Wisconsin are among the other schools that have made offers.

Tabb made it clear that he'd prefer not to attend school too far from his New Jersey home, but one school could lure him out West.

"I don't want to leave the region, but if I was going to go out West, Oregon would be the school," Tabb said. "Oregon is sending me mail on a consistent basis. Oregon State too."

Tabb moved to New Jersey from Indiana after his freshman year, and didn't play football as a sophomore. Although he played in a run-based offense, Tabb caught seven passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns last season. Defensively, he made 52 tackles and recorded two sacks.

He said he hasn't started to trim the list of schools he's considering. He has scheduled unofficial visits to Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Virginia next week. He also said that Boston College is a school he's seriously considering.

"I like BC," he said. "I came here in the spring and it was a good experience. I felt comfortable with the coaches. I love the campus. They're definitely on my list."

Tabb said that he's satisfied with his current offers, but would like to add Notre Dame and Miami to the list.

"I'd just like to get offers from them because they're big-time programs," he said. "I'm hoping to make a decision during the season or right after. I definitely don't want to take it all the way to signing day."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=5315093