Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #11
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
If we were pursuing Andrew White and Obekpa wouldn't it seem logical that MC is looking at a wing and big? i'm thinking are success with the 4 guards may have chnged his needs. Gaines,jackson,Modj and Rubles is four players for 2 spots. If your going to go small sometimes thatis plenty.
You forgot Ellis. I think Mick looks for a JuCo big and then either pockets the last scholarship or picks up a guy late maybe after a coaching change somewhere.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I also didn't include Ellis. It may be that MC is going to take the best player he can get at this date.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Jason your quicker than I am. I think he signs another wing.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
jeff in your opinion does this me we are not going to land Obekpa. i know we wouod still have one ride left but could our interest in JC player mean MC feels the chances of landing him are remote?
Obekpa is not out of the equation. UC is looking at a couple juco bigs as well. I think there are several combinations possible but the play of Parker and Killa could push the need for a wing to '13 if the right fit isn't found.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 01-05-2012 at 03:01 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If we were pursuing Andrew White and Obekpa wouldn't it seem logical that MC is looking at a wing and big? i'm thinking are success with the 4 guards may have chnged his needs. Gaines,jackson,Modj and Rubles is four players for 2 spots. If your going to go small sometimes thatis plenty.
Priority is two bigs. If they could land a stud wing, I'm sure they would take him.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #16
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Have exchanged some emails and have been told that the Bearcats chances are very good with Rubles. Have also been told he has put on some weight over the past year and is realistically in the 215-220 range. The guy told me Titus would fit UC's style of play and that he still hasn't hit his ceiling as a player. This is potentially a very good signing for the Bearcats.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #17
bearcats23

bearcats23 is on a distinguished road
http://www.fanbase.com/article/2010-...ile-titus/2408

More info on Rubles.
bearcats23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #18
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

With his defensive skills and the way he likes to attack the rim, he will fit in very nicely if he becomes a Bearcat.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
I can say after doing some research and talking to some insiders of mine I would say as of now that Rubles seems to be a "lock". I did say Eric Bledsoe was a lock a few years back and he was until Calipari came in hard after him but I don't see that happening this time.

Side Note: This may not be the only surprise Cronin will be giving us before signing day. Hearing a top notch recruit is considering re-opening his recruitment specifically trying to become a bearcat.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #20
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Can you be specific? Even in a PM? I do not want to c ompromise your source/info, but I feel like it has been eternity since any recruiting info has flowed.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote