Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
'12 VA PF Montrezl Harrell (Louisville Commit)

I thought there was a thread about him already but couldn't find it. We were rumored to be a potential suitor a couple weeks ago.

He just asked for his release and his new list of suitors are:

Cincinnati
Kentucky
NC State
Pittsburgh

Many thought he was Kentucky's if they wanted him weeks ago. But if you get him on campus anything can happen. This could be be a great get. The kid is as athletic as they come and he tries to dunk everything. We'll see how this one plays out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...c2HU_blog.html
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
http://blip.tv/ballislife/6-7-montre...ixtape-6126024

Clip of him above.

Another story, mass exodus after Seth Greenburg firing.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...191023350.html

Last edited by mplebanon; 05-11-2012 at 02:05 PM.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Do it. Go after him. Dont put all your chips in Obepkas basket.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #4
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
I went to each team's message boards to see if they had any info on Harrell:

Pitt claims they could really use him but apparently they don't have an open scholarship right now and they can't picture Dixon forcing anyone out this late.

NC State thinks they are in the lead for Amile Jefferson who is a top 40 player and a PF. So if he would go to NC State he would have to play behind CJ Leslie, Richard Howell, and possibly Jefferson. Supposedly they are hosting Ralston Turner, a 6'6" G/F who is transferring from LSU, on a visit this weekend. And some NC State fans seem to think Harrell would have to sit out a year if he went to an ACC school although I'm not sure about that.

UK has less than 10 players on scholarships at this point. He could have some stiff competition there against Cauley, Poythress, and Wiltjer, but I could easily see him going there.

In the end though if he makes it to campus and wants to come here, you have to accept his commitment. I really want Obekpa but if we end up with Harrell I will be more than pleased. And maybe Mick could even pressure Obekpa and his 'handlers' that he may not have a scholarship offer for very long if Harrell is serious about UC.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I'm really turned off by Obekpa and his so-called "handlers". Maybe the kid isn't at fault, but a group like this playing games with colleges is disturbing and might say something about the kid and the people around him.

If Harrell would pick UC, I say move on. Obekpa had his chance. Go to Oregon, Chris, and enjoy limited TV exposure, a program rebuilding, most likely failing to make the NCAA Tournament, etc. UC will be a top 15 program next year, and just lost their best big man to graduation (Gates). No one else has stepped up and you could be a key cog down low for a top team. And our coach went all out for you and showed the love. I guess that doesn't matter.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #6
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplebanon View Post
I'm really turned off by Obekpa and his so-called "handlers". Maybe the kid isn't at fault, but a group like this playing games with colleges is disturbing and might say something about the kid and the people around him.

If Harrell would pick UC, I say move on. Obekpa had his chance. Go to Oregon, Chris, and enjoy limited TV exposure, a program rebuilding, most likely failing to make the NCAA Tournament, etc. UC will be a top 15 program next year, and just lost their best big man to graduation (Gates). No one else has stepped up and you could be a key cog down low for a top team. And our coach went all out for you and showed the love. I guess that doesn't matter.
I like this post.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I do not believe VT has released him yet.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Officially released per Kline
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Yes, as of today.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
William Gunter ‏@WillGunter247
Per Montrezl Harrell father Sam, early schools under consideration. Florida, UK, Louisville, NCState and Bama. List could change.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote