Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #501
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,900
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance2017 View Post
247 Composite is not a good tool to use because ESPN's rankings are trash and throws everything off. You are better using 247's ranking or rivals as a comparison point.

Yeah Justin told me that a while ago

247 has

Eason - 114
Gabe - 150
Saunders - 173


First time we've had 2 top 150 on 247 since

Well 2015 class they had Evans at 162 final (was in top 150 frequently before final ranking) and Jenifer 151 final (was also top 150 very early in the process)


The last time we had 2 guys top 150 on the final 247 list was 2013 with Jermaine Lawrence and Kevin Johnson. And Caupain was 214 on that list which tells you all you need to know about recruiting lists.


This class is definitely more in line with classes when Cronin was at his best (multiple classes like this is what got us that great 2018 team).

cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #502
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,414
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Yeah Justin told me that a while ago

247 has

Eason - 114
Gabe - 150
Saunders - 173


First time we've had 2 top 150 on 247 since

Well 2015 class they had Evans at 162 final (was in top 150 frequently before final ranking) and Jenifer 151 final (was also top 150 very early in the process)


The last time we had 2 guys top 150 on the final 247 list was 2013 with Jermaine Lawrence and Kevin Johnson. And Caupain was 214 on that list which tells you all you need to know about recruiting lists.


This class is definitely more in line with classes when Cronin was at his best (multiple classes like this is what got us that great 2018 team).
I think thatís all people want. No one expects a major uptick in recruiting like some suggests. Just recruit 10 guys that can play basketball. With multiple people that can score. Youíre going to miss on some recruits but canít miss on multiple. We will see if brannen can do that.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 04-13-2020 at 02:33 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #503
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 969
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
DeJulius will announce his choice on Wednesday.

DeJulius and Justin Turner from BG both had Mizzou, Iowa State, and Marquette in their final 4.

Justin Turner opted to stay at BG for his final year today. Wonder if that will affect DeJulius's decision at all.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 07:38 AM   #504
Queens_NYC
Elite Member
 
Queens_NYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 969
Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
There's some increased talk on Twitter about the likelihood of landing Rapolas Ivanauskas.

6'10 grad transfer from Colgate who torched us for 21 points (19 in the 2nd half) in our freak loss to them last season.

Started his career at Northwestern and played the past two seasons at Colgate. He actually put up much better offensive numbers in his first year at Colgate which makes you wonder if there were some lingering injury issues last season (injuries apparently plagued him at Northwestern).
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:01 AM   #505
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,414
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
There's some increased talk on Twitter about the likelihood of landing Rapolas Ivanauskas.

6'10 grad transfer from Colgate who torched us for 21 points (19 in the 2nd half) in our freak loss to them last season.

Started his career at Northwestern and played the past two seasons at Colgate. He actually put up much better offensive numbers in his first year at Colgate which makes you wonder if there were some lingering injury issues last season (injuries apparently plagued him at Northwestern).
He was a top 150 guy coming out of high school, so itís not like he never has talent. I would take him in a heartbeat. Great get at this stage in the game. Good skilled big. Fit the system perfect. Not a complete player but if he was he wouldnít be coming here.,
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:14 AM   #506
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,900
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
not gonna be sad if we miss a 94 ORTG center that doesn't play defense.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:49 AM   #507
cincyguy13
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,414
cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
not gonna be sad if we miss a 94 ORTG center that doesn't play defense.
Whatís the other options? We are talking about a guy coming off the bench.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #508
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,900
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Whatís the other options? We are talking about a guy coming off the bench.

dont know, but im not going to be sad if we avoid another mcneal where we gotta play him x amount of games before we realize its not good.


his numbers were awful last year.


he had a super hot streak of 17-24 from 3 over a 7 game span 2 seasons ago. the rest of his career he's a 29% 3 point shooter. 26% last year. but he thinks he's a jump shooter, 200 3's + midrange shots last season.


im just not gonna consider it a miss.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #509
sirthought
Senior Member
 
sirthought's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Down by river
Posts: 197
sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
not gonna be sad if we miss a 94 ORTG center that doesn't play defense.
We really need someone at this point. I'd be sad if they didn't get who they recruited.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #510
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 3,215
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Dancing Bearcat
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.