Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 11-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #1
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
Dayton area alumni

Hey all,

I've been in contact with the Dayton area alumni association representative and we're looking to get some events together.

Nothing is in the works for any of the football away games since it's so close to the end of the season, but there have been talks of putting together a monthly networking lunch/happy hour/dinner and some events for basketball season.

Two questions for the masses:

Would you be interested in attending something like this?

Does anyone in the area know of UC friendly restaurants/bars etc. who would be willing to be our "official" host of some of these events?

I live in Troy and would love to have some get togethers here, but I know logistically it would be better have events more centrally located.

Feel free to PM me with any questions/comments etc.
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I don't live in the Dayton area but I travel there on a semi-regular basis for work. Isn't there a strip of restaurants just north of Dayton along I-75?? I bet you could find something there. You could always ask a restaurant to give you the back room to start and go bigger as it grows.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #3
CDS86

Yeah there is quite a selection there, so I'm sure we'll take that into consideration. I'm not sure what kind of crowd we'll have (ie. family vs young professionals etc.) so I'm going to have to wait to make a recommendation until I get more feedback unfortunately.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:19 PM   #4
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I'd be interested, but I like to hide behind my user name on the computer.

I'm in Kettering, but anything works.

I'd recommend against the "family" type get togethers, as there will likely involve "adult" conversation and booze galore.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
I'd be interested also. I live in Centerville and there are a number of restaurants South of town by the Dayton Mall that would likely love the business. I agree with BearcatAlum1 that this would be better as an adult function. If I brought my 2 kids I wouldn't be able to watch the game as they would monopolize my time.
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:02 PM   #6
catsfan32

catsfan32 will become famous soon enough
I would also be interested. I live in Kettering so its not to much of a challenge to get anywhere in Dayton. Agree with the non-family idea as I don't have kids and would be boozing and using "adult language".
Old 11-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #7
CDS86

Wow, much better response than I had imagined. I posted this on a few other boards as well and have been getting some good feedback. I'll wait until I hear back from the Alumni Association contact, but maybe I can set something up for the UC/UD game.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 PM   #8
CDS86

Looks like XU's alumni association will be having a Crosstown Shootout watch party at Buffalo Wild Wings on Stroop Road in Kettering. Anyone want to get a group together and show up? Should be a fun atmosphere... I can get in touch with their alumni rep as well to coordinate if there's some interest.