Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2018, 05:16 PM   #61
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
Just a reminder Cheik Mdoj ( I'm positive that's mispelled), Adam H , and a host of others were ranked way higher in JUCO and put up like 18 and 10 per/gm... that didn't translate well.... did it... I understand we had a diamond in the rough in Kilpatrick but does Mick think he's going to find a whole team of them... doubt it... how the CATS cant recruit alittle better is beyond me
Pretty sure Adam h was barley if in the top 100 of juco rankings. At that time we needed size. Cheik ended up a solid player for Cincinnati.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #62
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
Adam never played at UC and Cheik was mediocre on his best day
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:17 PM   #63
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare you!?!?!?!?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #64
Defense first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grgbartell@yahoo.com View Post
Cheik was mediocre no doubt about it. Hernol hall was the highly rated juco who never played for Cincinnati. Adam h was the guy who couldn't make a layup.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:15 PM   #65
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Cheik was mediocre no doubt about it. Hernol hall was the highly rated juco who never played for Cincinnati. Adam h was the guy who couldn't make a layup.
CORRECT
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #66
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds like a few in here just want mediocre
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 09:06 PM   #67
Defense first

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. But it sounds like a few in here just want mediocre
Only if your a Cincinnati hater do you want the team to be mediocre. I don't think anyone here wants that unless you want Cronin gone. Like usual someone in team will step up. I really like Logan as the incoming recruit to help out. That allows cane to move over to shooting guard spot at times. I think Keith will be a candidate, not sure if I will expect much out of mamadou or Trevor Moore. Cronin will get this team in tournament. Can the offense change with the times, that will be deciding factor of whether or not we can get past second round. I also see another player entering the fold. Ace up sleeve.
Old 04-07-2018, 10:14 PM   #68
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just a reminder Cheik Mdoj ( I'm positive that's mispelled), Adam H , and a host of others were ranked way higher in JUCO and put up like 18 and 10 per/gm... that didn't translate well.... did it... I understand we had a diamond in the rough in Kilpatrick but does Mick think he's going to find a whole team of them... doubt it... how the CATS cant recruit alittle better is beyond me
Completely different. One is a guy who was just bigger than most of the guys he played against the other is an actual good players
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:38 PM   #69
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Completely different. One is a guy who was just bigger than most of the guys he played against the other is an actual good players
I agree . This dude can play, he’s 6’6” and can shoot. Ignorant if someone is comparing this to check or Adam. I’ll be very excited if we get Fredericks
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:31 AM   #70
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Not to get too off topic, but Adam H is still playing professional basketball at 34 and has had one of the better professional careers of any player from the Cronin era (arguably better than Yancy).

With that being said, I'd be happy with Fredericks if he's good enough to start from day 1 over Moore and Williams. Otherwise, I hope we put the full court press on someone like Cremo.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote