Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2018, 12:35 PM   #71
Doodie

Doodie is on a distinguished road
Cronin was the only other school besides San Fran to offer Farad Cobb and he turned out to be pretty good. I trust their judgement
Doodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 PM   #72
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Not to get too off topic, but Adam H is still playing professional basketball at 34 and has had one of the better professional careers of any player from the Cronin era (arguably better than Yancy).

With that being said, I'd be happy with Fredericks if he's good enough to start from day 1 over Moore and Williams. Otherwise, I hope we put the full court press on someone like Cremo.
I would take Fredericks over cremo, we would have him two years, and he has the size and athleticism to actually get playing time for Cronin. Not sure how Fredericks shot will translate to division one, but he can rebound and has length to get on the court here. Wouldn't mind either one, just think cremo wouldn't be able to defend enough to really make a difference here. I know we need offense badly. Fredericks would answer the need left for Evans leaving early.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #73
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
@TBTimes_Bulls
Former @ChamboBBALL standout Rashawn Fredericks was very pleased with @USFMBB visit but no decision yet. "It went great. Felt good to tour everything. I felt really good about everything but not making decision soon." Also has visits with UAB, Cincy on tap.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #74
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I agree . This dude can play, he’s 6’6” and can shoot. Ignorant if someone is comparing this to check or Adam. I’ll be very excited if we get Fredericks
IGNORANT?. I'm the ignorant one? I was comparing JUCO to D-1... not the actual players.. I could of listed a whole bunch more JUCOS that didn't work out.. and if you'll be very excited to get the 40th ranked JUCO player for a team that was ranked all year and got a #2 seed then congrats on setting your standards so high.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 01:47 PM   #75
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weez1414 View Post
IGNORANT?. I'm the ignorant one? I was comparing JUCO to D-1... not the actual players.. I could of listed a whole bunch more JUCOS that didn't work out.. and if you'll be very excited to get the 40th ranked JUCO player for a team that was ranked all year and got a #2 seed then congrats on setting your standards so high.
I think he will be good I don't care what the rankings are. For our tier recruits I'm sold on him. Would I want a 5 star recruit over him, yes, but from what I see and hear I'm impressed. He also was first team juco this year so not sure who ranks him at 40. I think he could easily fall under the 120 to 180 recruit range being he has college bball experience. Time will tell, he could be a bust who knows but if we land him I like what he brings.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #76
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I mean yeah a little, and you compared the jump for completely different players. So it was just discussing the difference in level, otherwise you wouldn't have brought him up at all. There is a difference in what a 6'10 guy can do against much smaller people than what a 6'6 guy with a shot can do.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #77
Weez1414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I mean yeah a little, and you compared the jump for completely different players. So it was just discussing the difference in level, otherwise you wouldn't have brought him up at all. There is a difference in what a 6'10 guy can do against much smaller people than what a 6'6 guy with a shot can do.
The jump? And a 6-foot 10 guy gets smaller guys? I have no idea what you're even talking about. So I understand you have no idea what I'm talking about then
Old 04-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #78
Weez1414

I also don't have the Motlow St East Tech channel but I do know he shot %32 from 3 and just under %47 from the field. Not sure where everyone is saying he can shoot from. Hey if CATS get him I hope he's good. My whole point is I think they can do better
Old 04-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #79
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I also don't have the Motlow St East Tech channel but I do know he shot %32 from 3 and just under %47 from the field. Not sure where everyone is saying he can shoot from. Hey if CATS get him I hope he's good. My whole point is I think they can do better
41% his junior year. The potential is there.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:47 PM   #80
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
41% his junior year. The potential is there.
Junior year of what? How many attempts? How many attempts this year at 32%?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote