Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #61
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I'm going to go on record and say I think next seasons record will be good. I think they will win 20 games and make the NCAA. Just believe the team will be much more balanced and defense and rebounding will always be givens here.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:58 PM   #62
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
I think the bigger question right now for next season is not how the team plays but who they play. This team will have some growing pains, but might not be so bad in a watered down conference. As far as the talent is concerned I think we will be fine.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #63
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I'm going to go on record and say I think next seasons record will be good. I think they will win 20 games and make the NCAA. Just believe the team will be much more balanced and defense and rebounding will always be givens here.
Who is going to score? Kilpatrick will be double teamed all season. That is a given. Who is going to put up the 20 points each game instead? Jackson? Gaines? Rubles? The key next season are the freshmen but Cronin's track record for freshmen is not good as far as pt. If we win 20 games, it will come with the help of a horrible OOC and we can expect a lot of 41-39 affairs. Exciting bball.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #64
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Who is going to score? Kilpatrick will be double teamed all season. That is a given. Who is going to put up the 20 points each game instead? Jackson? Gaines? Rubles? The key next season are the freshmen but Cronin's track record for freshmen is not good as far as pt. If we win 20 games, it will come with the help of a horrible OOC and we can expect a lot of 41-39 affairs. Exciting bball.
Mick is one of the best coaches in college basketball, the best coach UC has had since Ed Jucker. The team will be fine next season, injuries badly hurt this years team. Next season probably about 26-5 regular season record.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #65
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Having JD3 back will be huge, I thought he was really turning the corner. Really, if he/Guyn could be average, Rubles gets a new shot, and a few of the others continue to progress, we should be good if not better next year, especially with the recruiting class.

On a side note, I got to see Summit and KJ play yesterday, KJ looked much better, but I still am curious to see how Mick will use him. He is so quick, but I think it will take him a year or two to adjust to being a ballhandler, considering he is more of a SG in HS. Also, I can't root for his team, they were up 32 with 30 seconds left and still pressing. They kept jacking up 3s and not running out the clock with 10 seconds left. That is classless, won't keep me for rooting for KJ, but I can't stand their program. They had 2 guys "transfer" from Florida and their coach seems like a slimeball. My 2 cents.........
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:46 AM   #66
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
People will step up. I think G is they key. I would imagine Shaquille Thomas, G, JDIII will all be better scoring options. I think Shaquille could really pick up some scoring. I think we will be fine. I could see us in the same position next year.

If your saying we will have a .500 year or something I think your crazy.

I think it's possible that freshman could play a big role off the bench next year.

I can see Lawrence starting at some point and could see Strickland getting time.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #67
jrich0323

jrich0323 is on a distinguished road
as far as record goes, youre gonna have to take into consideration who were going to be playing. i think with the players returning, assuming SK does and i think he will, with lawrence, KJ, morman, caupain and strickland coming in...we can definitely make some noise. still have 1 more scholly than were allowed so im curious to see who goes but...

Starters IMO next year:
PG Guyn
SG SK
SF Shaq
PF J Jackson
PF/C Rubles/Nyarsuk

i could see Mick going with length and athleticism to start...i like that starting lineup. Bring Lawrence right off the bench, bring in Nyarsuk with another year of hitting the weight room and improving his footwork we can beat a lot of teams next year based on our weaker schedule with the big boys leaving the conference.
big question is scoring, we're going to have to rely a lot on our young guys to hit some shots next year.
jrich0323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #68
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich0323 View Post
as far as record goes, youre gonna have to take into consideration who were going to be playing. i think with the players returning, assuming SK does and i think he will, with lawrence, KJ, morman, caupain and strickland coming in...we can definitely make some noise. still have 1 more scholly than were allowed so im curious to see who goes but...

Starters IMO next year:
PG Guyn
SG SK
SF Shaq
PF J Jackson
PF/C Rubles/Nyarsuk

i could see Mick going with length and athleticism to start...i like that starting lineup. Bring Lawrence right off the bench, bring in Nyarsuk with another year of hitting the weight room and improving his footwork we can beat a lot of teams next year based on our weaker schedule with the big boys leaving the conference.
big question is scoring, we're going to have to rely a lot on our young guys to hit some shots next year.
Starters are the first name I mention in the list below:
Nyarsuk and Strickland C, JJ/Rubles PF, Shaq/Lawrence/Sanders SF, SK/JD3 SG, Guyn/Caupain PG.

I have a bad feeling Sanders maybe be the odd man out next year. I would redshirt KJ to help him transition to the PG spot. IDK about Gaines and Morman, I really like Morman, but I just don't know what they should do about freeing about a scholly for him. I seems illogical to ask Gaines to leave, with our lack of big men next year. Going to be tough to solve that puzzle.....
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #69
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I agree with Jeff, I think this team wins 20 or near there and does enough to make the tourney.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #70
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
The schedule next year won't be horrible, but no were near as good as this year. Assuming a 10 team league of UC, UofL, UM, USF, UCF, UH, RU, SMU, TU and UConn.

2 games vs Louisville
2 games vs Memphis
2 games vs Temple
2 games vs UConn
1 game at UNM
Potential games against SDSU and/or NC State
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote