Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1
JeromyM

JeromyM is on a distinguished road
Next season is going to be rough.

We have no point guard and pretty much nothing else to depend on. SK is declaring for the draft, cuz he's not going to want to play with what he has to work with. Probably a 16-14 or worse type season.
JeromyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
westsidecat
Banned

westsidecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromyM View Post
We have no point guard and pretty much nothing else to depend on. SK is declaring for the draft, cuz he's not going to want to play with what he has to work with. Probably a 16-14 or worse type season.
it could very well be.

just hope that the guards develop from now till next year. and that some of the freshman can give us something right away.

i don't think sean will go. if anything he has played his way off the board yhe last few weeks.
westsidecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #3
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yup, SK is declaring for the draft with how great he has played recently. I could find 100 other people just jack up 3s who would hit a way higher percentage of them than him. He is one-dimensional and would be crazy not to come back. Strickland, Caupain, Lawrence, etc. will only help and Shaq will be heavier. Hopefully, Rubles gets a new shot. We could definitely be better next year, there is no leadership, besides Parker, on this team.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Leadership is the key and you are right, this team has none on the floor or locker room. To say next season is a wash already is crazy but let's be honest it is typical for this fan base. I haven't given up on this one and we're already talking how bad they'll be next year? That's just crazy.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Leadership is the key and you are right, this team has none on the floor or locker room. To say next season is a wash already is crazy but let's be honest it is typical for this fan base. I haven't given up on this one and we're already talking how bad they'll be next year? That's just crazy.
Agreed. Not sure how you can say how horrible we will be already. As much as it pains me, losing Cash doesn't look as devastating as it did a month ago. Mbodj is easily replaced. Parker could hurt. With the guards coming in along with Lawrence and another year for the current players, writing the team off as under .500 next year is absurd.

Count me as the minority that still has hopes for this team though.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Jeff, enough with the fan base crap. It's garbage and you know it.

If someone can talk about how good a team will be than there is nothing wrong with talking about how bad someone will think they will be. It goes both ways.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
Jeff, enough with the fan base crap. It's garbage and you know it.

If someone can talk about how good a team will be than there is nothing wrong with talking about how bad someone will think they will be. It goes both ways.
It's really not garbage at all. Cincinnati sports fans in general are very pessimistic.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
It's really not garbage at all. Cincinnati sports fans in general are very pessimistic.
As they should be. Cincinnati sports has sucked for a long time. Some of us who weren't as optimistic about this season were pretty much told to shut up and this team is one of the best in the country.

You don't think UK fans have talked about next year at all? Or Xavier fans? Or Missouri fans? It's a ridiculous argument that just Cincinnati fans are like this.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:44 AM   #9
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I suggest waiting until Oct. 15, 2013 to start worrying about next season.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
I have consistantly tried to be optimistic with everything I post. When I do get negative I try to stay away (one of the reasons I usually do not get involved with the in game threads). With that said it is very hard to be optimistic right now.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote