Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will our AAC record be?
17-1 or 18-0 0 0%
16-2 2 9.09%
15-3 5 22.73%
14-4 9 40.91%
13-5 5 22.73%
12-6 1 4.55%
11-7 0 0%
10-8 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #1
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Predictions for Conference Play

Wed. 1/2 - vs. Tulane
Sat. 1/5 - @ECU
Thurs. 1/10 - @Tulsa
Sat. 1/12 - vs. UConn
Tues. 1/15 - vs. USF
Sat. 1/19 - @Wichita State
Thurs. 1/24 - vs. Tulsa
Sun. 1/27 - @Temple
Sat. 2/2 - SMU
Thurs. 2/7 - @Memphis
Sun. 2/10 - @Houston
Sun. 2/17 - Wichita State
Thurs. 2/21 - UCF
Sun. 2/24 - @UConn
Wed. 2/27 - @SMU
Sat. 3/2 - Memphis
Thurs. 3/7 - @UCF
Sun. 3/10 - Houston

What do you think our record will be and where in the AAC standings do you think we will finish?
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

My thoughts...

Wed. 1/2 - vs. Tulane blowout win
Sat. 1/5 - @ECU double digit win
Thurs. 1/10 - @Tulsa Need to win these types of games to have a shot at winning the league... I say close win
Sat. 1/12 - vs. UConn double digit win
Tues. 1/15 - vs. USF double digit win
Sat. 1/19 - @Wichita State close win, I think our experience prevails
Thurs. 1/24 - vs. Tulsa they played us tough at home last season... i think we win by 8-10 points
Sun. 1/27 - @Temple I think this is a better Temple team than year's past... LOSS
Sat. 2/2 - SMU similar to Tulsa at home... 8-10 point win
Thurs. 2/7 - @Memphis I think Memphis is starting to find a groove at home... LOSS
Sun. 2/10 - @Houston The clearest LOSS on the schedule... Houston will be too tough to beat in their new arena
Sun. 2/17 - Wichita State double digit win
Thurs. 2/21 - UCF Hard to predict since UCF could easily be hit with injuries again by this point... 6-8 point win
Sun. 2/24 - @UConn We've played well here over the past few years... close win
Wed. 2/27 - @SMU Blew out a weakened SMU in Moody last season, and I still like our chances... close win
Sat. 3/2 - Memphis Double digit win
Thurs. 3/7 - @UCF Again, a big wildcard game, but I think we win close ala @Wichita State last season
Sun. 3/10 - Houston Both teams come in with 3 losses, we pull it out in front of a raucous crowd to win the league

15-3, AAC Champs
Old 12-30-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Win - Wed. 1/2 - vs. Tulane
Win - Sat. 1/5 - @ECU
Loss - Thurs. 1/10 - @Tulsa
Win - Sat. 1/12 - vs. UConn
Win - Tues. 1/15 - vs. USF
Win - Sat. 1/19 - @Wichita State
Win - Thurs. 1/24 - vs. Tulsa
Win - Sun. 1/27 - @Temple
Win - Sat. 2/2 - SMU
Win - Thurs. 2/7 - @Memphis
Loss - Sun. 2/10 - @Houston
Win - Sun. 2/17 - Wichita State
Win - Thurs. 2/21 - UCF
Win - Sun. 2/24 - @UConn
Loss - Wed. 2/27 - @SMU
Win - Sat. 3/2 - Memphis
Loss - Thurs. 3/7 - @UCF
Win - Sun. 3/10 - Houston
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 12:30 PM   #4
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
I did 14-4.

my rationale is we won't go better than 7-2 on the road, between SMU/UCF/UConn/Houston/Memphis/Temple. To be honest I expect a 6-3 road record, and a 8-1 home record.

This is just spitballing, but 25-6, going into the conference tourney, would be a 4-6 seed or so. I like having the wiggle room of going 13-5 and not being on the bubble in all probability.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
I think @tulsa will be a blood bath and first to reach 50 wins.

The bright side is: I think jarron will be the best player on the floor all season. That helps a ton.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:21 PM   #6
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
I did 14-4.

my rationale is we won't go better than 7-2 on the road, between SMU/UCF/UConn/Houston/Memphis/Temple. To be honest I expect a 6-3 road record, and a 8-1 home record.

This is just spitballing, but 25-6, going into the conference tourney, would be a 4-6 seed or so. I like having the wiggle room of going 13-5 and not being on the bubble in all probability.
Yeah, at 13-5 I think we are safely in. At 12-6, it's possible we could be sweating an early conference tournament loss (although still probably safe). Although our computer numbers are strong, my only concern is that our best OOC wins were against teams that will likely fall on the wrong side of the bubble. But I think when the regular season is done, we will be somewhere around a 6 or 7 seed. My prediction is we go to the conference championship game against Houston with a record of 27-6 (14-4). That's 2-3 wins better than I would have predicted at the beginning of the year.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:22 PM   #7
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
I think we go 16-2. We lose @Temple and @Houston.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:36 PM   #8
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
I think we go 16-2. We lose @Temple and @Houston.
Would love 16-2 but think more like 14-4. There aren't any really good teams in the conference (beside Houston), but there are some that can beat us if we don't play well (on the road). I don't think anyone can beat us at home beside Houston.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #9
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We all knew this year was going to be a down year compared to last year, especially after the OSU game. Then we started to play really well and knock off a bunch of wins. We were doing better than expected. We weren't beating teams worth bragging about (besides the impressive 30 point win over UCLA), but from an eye test standpoint you can tell this team has a chance to beat any team besides maybe the top 5 to 10 teams in the country. When this team is at its best it looks about as good as last year, I just think the floor is a lot lower this year. Our ceiling is high but we can also lose to anyone on the road as well as we don't have enough talent to bail us out like we did the past two years. All-in-all we will be ok. Saturday sucked, but our year is not over yet.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
We all knew this year was going to be a down year compared to last year, especially after the OSU game. Then we started to play really well and knock off a bunch of wins. We were doing better than expected. We weren't beating teams worth bragging about (besides the impressive 30 point win over UCLA), but from an eye test standpoint you can tell this team has a chance to beat any team besides maybe the top 5 to 10 teams in the country. When this team is at its best it looks about as good as last year, I just think the floor is a lot lower this year. Our ceiling is high but we can also lose to anyone on the road as well as we don't have enough talent to bail us out like we did the past two years. All-in-all we will be ok. Saturday sucked, but our year is not over yet.
Thursday's game @Tulsa will tell us a lot about how the rest of the season will look. Tulsa is solid but also very average in many respects and it marks the type of game we need to win if we want to have legitimate tournament prospects yet alone compete for the regular season conference title.