Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-24-2019, 12:21 AM   #131
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
I watched the Ohio State game. It looks like the Big Ten was the conference this year. I will be surprised if Houston beats them. I am happy to see the Taco v. Zion matchup. Rooting hard for the Mexican corn shell but of course not optimistic. Charles Barkley said the play where Zion out ran a guard to the ball and then recovered for the layup was one of the two best basketball plays he has ever seen. Compared him to Lebron and basically said he has no business playing in college.
Vegas has Houston and so do I. I saw them lose at northwestern near the end of the regular season and I wanted to gouge my eyes out.
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:50 AM   #132
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
I watched the Ohio State game. It looks like the Big Ten was the conference this year. I will be surprised if Houston beats them. I am happy to see the Taco v. Zion matchup. Rooting hard for the Mexican corn shell but of course not optimistic. Charles Barkley said the play where Zion out ran a guard to the ball and then recovered for the layup was one of the two best basketball plays he has ever seen. Compared him to Lebron and basically said he has no business playing in college.
Houston is a much better team than OSU
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:00 PM   #133
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Iowa down by 25. Good team
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:53 PM   #134
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Iowa down by 25. Good team
5 point game now. Fire Rick Barnes!
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:23 PM   #135
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
5 point game now. Fire Rick Barnes!
Haha you think Texas fans are wishing they didn’t fire him?
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #136
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Haha you think Texas fans are wishing they didn’t fire him?
No. I also think if we fired Cronin, he went to sweet sixteen somewhere else and we hired a fast paced offensive coach who was worse than Cronin, our fans wouldn't regret it either. Fans are irrational.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #137
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
No. I also think if we fired Cronin, he went to sweet sixteen somewhere else and we hired a fast paced offensive coach who was worse than Cronin, our fans wouldn't regret it either. Fans are irrational.
People would then complain that we couldn’t stop anybody from scoring. It’s just the nature of the beast.

There does come a time when maybe the school and the coach need fresh starts. I just mean this in general. We saw it play out with Marvin Lewis.

It doesn’t always work out for both sides either. Using the Rick Barnes example he had a run of 2 sweet 16s, 2 elite 8s and a final 4 in a 7 year span. Then the next 7 years didn’t get out of the first weekend. The fresh start worked out great for Barnes, sometimes it’s just not the school that need a change.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #138
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Man, the refs let Zion do anything... hammer guys, double dribble, nothing called against him. Guess he is so good they don’t want to call anything on him.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #139
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Let’s go UCF!
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:17 PM   #140
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Man, the refs let Zion do anything... hammer guys, double dribble, nothing called against him. Guess he is so good they don’t want to call anything on him.
It’s terrible, I’ve seen him get away with multiple hacks
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote