Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cincinnati Pro Sports

Old 02-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Gilyard a Bengal?

Am I crazy for wanting the Bengals to draft Mardy? Lance mentioned it on Sports Talk last night, and I've heard it brought up several times by other people over the past month or so.

I try to separate my love for the Bearcats and my love for the Bengals so I don't think things like this, but Mardy is a speed demon with great hands, he's a fierce competitor, a great teammate (and interview), and he loves Cincinnati.

What are his chances of succeeding in the NFL? And are those chances good enough to use a draft pick on him? In which round will he likely be drafted? I have a lot of questions. Please answer them.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, and Gilyard are all good options for the Bengals.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
2nd round pick for bengals. I would be very very happy.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #4
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
As much as it pains me to say it, I think if both Golden Tate and Gilyard were on the board when Bengals were picking, I would rather go with Golden Tate. I like them both, but I just like Tate a little bit better. I would be happy with either one of them.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #5
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
“Im not a 4.55 guy, I’m a sub 4.4 guy,” Gilyard said.

While Tebow’s draft status remains to be seen, Gilyard said he is confident a fast 40 time will get him selected in the first round. Gilyard is looking at the 21st pick as an ideal landing spot.

“The team I like is the Bengals, their No. 1 need is a wideout,” Gilyard said.

Gilyard met and befriended Chad Ochocinco while still in college, and calls the Pro-Bowler a mentor that he can chit-chat with all the time.

The NFL combine begins Thursday in Indianapolis, with receivers working out on Friday

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/...aring-naples-/
Old 02-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Honest opinion. Not what this team needs.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Tate or Bryant would be a must get for me. Gilyard would be somebody I'd go to as a fallback. Be interesting to see where they draft a TE and OL at.
Some depth at CB wouldn't be a bad thing as well.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Tate or Bryant would be a must get for me. Gilyard would be somebody I'd go to as a fallback. Be interesting to see where they draft a TE and OL at.
Some depth at CB wouldn't be a bad thing as well.
Completely agree..

If Dez and Tate are gone, TE would be the way to go. Then need some help in the secondary as mentioned. Morgan Trent is not the answer in the dime and seems that Joseph gets hurt everyother game. Also, Dhani is getting old and not to mention that guy Carson Palmer.

I see Mardy being more of a return guy anyway and not sure he would give us something we don't already have with Caldwell at wr. I am likin Crosby (hes quick) in the slot with Jones and Chad out wide.
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote