Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #1
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Ticket purchasing for next year

Last night was the first b-ball game I've been to this season. I'm a die-hard fan and loyal UC supporter, but I usually do it from the comfort of my family room...where the beer is free (and on tap btw) and I can play pool during commercials and halftime.

However, as I've stated in other posts this morning, I was rather embarrassed at the lack of fan support (even though quite a few more fans showed up after tip-off), so I'm changing my stripes. I am now devoting myself to becoming part of the solution. I will attend several games next year, and am even considering season tickets for b-ball (if my wife allows the expense ) . That was a great game last night...I look forward to seeing many great games next year.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #2
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
I plain on getting football and basketball tickets.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #3
adrock
Elite Member

We have a pair of football season tickets. I would personally prefer basketball, but my wife prefers football. In the end, I'm just happy to have a wife that's into sports, so I'll take her to whichever one she wants!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm currently talking to a few others about season tickets.

I'm justifying the expense as a graduation gift, even though this expense will not be a one time deal.

Can anyone post ticket information? I've been contacted through inbox message with people taunting me about "how much they pay for tickets" and I can assume their tickets if I'm interested. Of course, their tickets are $50,000.00 each...
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:50 AM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
We have a pair of football season tickets. I would personally prefer basketball, but my wife prefers football. In the end, I'm just happy to have a wife that's into sports, so I'll take her to whichever one she wants!
Your profile pic is nasty. I've already complimented you on it, but it brings a smile to my face with every sight.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
adrock
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Your profile pic is nasty. I've already complimented you on it, but it brings a smile to my face with every sight.
It is also my PC wallpaper, and has much the same effect every time I see it.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
If you are under 30 they have offered a "young proffesionals" discount which reduces your football tickets by 40 %. I am unsure if they are keeping that with the recent changes.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
If you are under 30 they have offered a "young proffesionals" discount which reduces your football tickets by 40 %. I am unsure if they are keeping that with the recent changes.
Same for basketball?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Same for basketball?
Yes. But it required a UCAT membership (100 bucks now) but would still save you money.

Your 100 bucks would cover as many seats as there are in your name. So if you and 4 friends buy tickets you could put all the seats in your name and collectively only pay 100 dollars for a UCAT fee and then whatever tickets costs.

I see the young professional option was recently removed during the update. I have contacted UC marketing to ask what is up.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
adrock
Elite Member

Here are snippets of last year's UCATS brochure. For example, I donated $1250 to UCATS this year, which allowed me to get 2 tickets in Section 121 in Nippert, row 20-something. In addition to the donation I paid $282 for each of the season tickets. So, $1850 when you include parking for the whole season, but most of the donation is tax-deductible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ucats1.jpg (98.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ucats2.jpg (98.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ucats3.jpg (100.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by adrock; 03-03-2010 at 10:11 AM.