Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-20-2010, 11:00 PM   #21
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac84 View Post
I dunno, the whole thing has me pretty worried.
Me and you both. Unless the Big Ten 10 only takes ND I think the BE is dead as football conference. Quite frankly they can have ND.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #22
JMac84

JMac84 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, that seems to be the only hope for Big East football, but I feel like Notre Dame is too stuborn and prideful to join a football conference at this point, even though it seems that they would stand to benefit financially.
JMac84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 PM   #23
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac84 View Post
Yeah, that seems to be the only hope for Big East football, but I feel like Notre Dame is too stuborn and prideful to join a football conference at this point, even though it seems that they would stand to benefit financially.
The Notre Dame AD has said that he has carefully been monitoring the progress of conference expansion as well as attempting to lay out all of ND's options. He has said that he would like to remain independent, but the circumstances may force ND to join a conference.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
ESPN botttomline crawler during UC/Pitt replay states that Jim Delaney says that they are nowhere near formal expansion. Everybody breath or everybody say "BS"
Old 04-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #25
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Listening to ESPN radio today Cowherd stated that if the Big 10 would expand to 16 the SEC stated they also would expand to 16. Herd mentioned Syracuse, UConn, Rutgers, and Pitt as 4 of the 5 to the Big 10, that would leave UC, Louisville, West Virginia, and South Florida to the SEC. This expansion stuff could get real interesting.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 06:14 PM   #26
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
The Big East has hired former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue as a special consultant. BE Commissioner says he is not letting BE get raided without a fight. He has speculated they could be looking at starting a BE Network, making the league more attractive and doing a raid of their own. Hold on to your hats folks. This one is going to get interesting.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #27
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I still hope to see the league split to 2 divisions. I also like that they are looking at a BEast Network. I hope they still partner with ESPN. With the New York market, a network would be huge.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #28
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I've got a bad feeling about the move. Maybe Cincy could join the ACC if the BE goes Belly up in football. I'm wondering if they wouldn't want an Ohio market for the southern schools..
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #29
yanks26ngoin

yanks26ngoin is on a distinguished road
As a Big East fan and a Big Ten fan, I sincerely hope the Big 10 only adds 1 school. That school, IMO, should be Notre Dame.
yanks26ngoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #30
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin View Post
As a Big East fan and a Big Ten fan, I sincerely hope the Big 10 only adds 1 school. That school, IMO, should be Notre Dame.
ND has 0 interest in joining Big 10 they will remain independent. Should the Big 10 add 5 schools UC and Louisville will join the SEC.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote