Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2010, 09:57 AM   #41
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Danny View Post
SWG,

If UC ends up in the ACC it would be becausethe B10 takes three or more from the BE. A college football arms race would begin and the SEC would most likely respond by taking Clemson, Fla State, Miami and Georgia Tech. The ACC would then take the BE remnants of UCONN, WVU, UC, UL, and USF.
I understand the general point you're making, but understand that the ACC won't replace its 4 lost members with 5 new members. It will want to stay even. So, if the ACC takes 4 of the 5 BEast teams on your list of remnants, who's left out in the cold? My guess is that it's either us or UofL.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #42
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Possibly, but if an arms race begins and the B10 and SEC move to 16, I don't think the ACC and other conferences can sit on 12. I think at the least they will have to go to at least 14 to keep up, if not go to 16. Adding a UCONN, WVU, UC, UL does wonders for BC who is currently sitting out on an island up in the far NE part of the country on their own.

Also, if the mass chaos that I indicated above occurs, there is the chance the ACC only taks 3 of the remaining BE schools (UCONN, WVU, and USF) and the B12 takes UC and UL.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM   #43
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
True.

The SEC probably would expand, but some schools may not want to go. Then again, it's all about money right?
swg is offline   Reply With Quote