Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #41
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
That's more biased than you claim me to be. It's on Ohio State's website for crying out loud. So he played one good game. That's not surprising. For as great as everyone claims him to be, he should be far more consistent and should have shown some improvement from his freshman year. Hasn't happened.

Opposing coaches never rip opposing players. It's not good form. If they did, you would get plenty of coaches saying that he can't defend the pick and roll well because he gets "stuck on the pick" far too often. He plays defense with his hands and as a result, fouls like crazy but it doesn't get called. He can't shoot worth a lick so we will gladly give him the 3 point shot and take our chances with a 28% shooter with bad form.
What did the TOSU people get him to say those things? Did they change his words? Did they right the script for him?He didn't have to say anything at all. he didn't have to rip him. Your kidding right? Are you a college ref??? Conversation over. Will have to agree to disagree. I could get many coaches that would laugh at your assessment that he is overated and you would still agrue the point. he is a very good college player.Have a good day in your own little world..
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #42
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
What did the TOSU people get him to say those things? Did they change his words? Did they right the script for him?He didn't have to say anything at all. he didn't have to rip him. Your kidding right? Are you a college ref??? Conversation over. Will have to agree to disagree. I could get many coaches that would laugh at your assessment that he is overated and you would still agrue the point. he is a very good college player.Have a good day in your own little world..
You are obviously having issues with reading comprehension so let me explain it to you in simpler terms. I never said they put words in Donovan's mouth. What I said was you will never find a video of a college coach ripping an opposing player. Therefore, any coach you talk to, will not give you an honest answer because it is bad form to rip an opposing player. It's not good for recruiting to rip an opposing player. If you want an honest opinion, college coaches aren't going to give it to you. Not publicly, at least. They all abide by the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it" code.

So at least you are now coming my way a bit by downgrading him to very good. I still say that is a bit high. I would settle for above average to good college player. Look up the definition of overrated. Aaron Craft fits. It doesn't mean he sucks, just means he is not as good as people want you to believe. It's unbelievable that I have to spell this out for you. You want to back everything up with comments from a coach or "someone who does this for a living" that you can't produce. I give you stats. You come back with a video from a coach. If you have stats to back up his greatness, I would love to see them. I have looked and haven't found them yet. Please share...if you can find any.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #43
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
I've never in my life heard a coach say anything negative about another team's player.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #44
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I've never in my life heard a coach say anything negative about another team's player.
Exactly.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #45
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
I agree. Bt that coach wouldn't say anything let alone go on to praise him the way he did. He Woud just say he is a good player. Common i have read your comments You understand what I am saying.
Old 01-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #46
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
You are obviously having issues with reading comprehension so let me explain it to you in simpler terms. I never said they put words in Donovan's mouth. What I said was you will never find a video of a college coach ripping an opposing player. Therefore, any coach you talk to, will not give you an honest answer because it is bad form to rip an opposing player. It's not good for recruiting to rip an opposing player. If you want an honest opinion, college coaches aren't going to give it to you. Not publicly, at least. They all abide by the "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it" code.

So at least you are now coming my way a bit by downgrading him to very good. I still say that is a bit high. I would settle for above average to good college player. Look up the definition of overrated. Aaron Craft fits. It doesn't mean he sucks, just means he is not as good as people want you to believe. It's unbelievable that I have to spell this out for you. You want to back everything up with comments from a coach or "someone who does this for a living" that you can't produce. I give you stats. You come back with a video from a coach. If you have stats to back up his greatness, I would love to see them. I have looked and haven't found them yet. Please share...if you can find any.
Not coming to your way of thining at all. Donavan did not have to go to the lenghts to say the things he did and i know you understand this. Playing dumb is not a good arguement. Billy would love to have him on his team as would the majority of coaches in america. including MC.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #47
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll do you one better. Here's all his averages for four years. One could easily argue his sophomore year was his best but, you will notice that he really hasn't improved from his freshman year. You think I am hating because I hate Ohio State, but you are plain wrong. I "hate" Aaron Craft because I don't think he is very good and fouls at least 10 times a game that doesn't get called. I love Ross' game and despite not liking Ohio State, I can respect that. He's the only player that showed up yesterday.
I agree, Craft fouled Cash constantly during our game with O$U. He is one of those players refs have a bias towards and virtually all close calls are given to him. He plays hard, but he gets away with so much. OSU has a good team overall, I just can't stand Craft.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #48
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack5 View Post
I agree, Craft fouled Cash constantly during our game with O$U. He is one of those players refs have a bias towards and virtually all close calls are given to him. He plays hard, but he gets away with so much. OSU has a good team overall, I just can't stand Craft.
JJ it's only a foul if it's called. As Donavan pointed out in the clip he plays hard and is within the rules.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:44 PM   #49
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
You guys are way too biased against Xavier and Ohio State. Craft is a very good college basketball player.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #50
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
You guys are way too biased against Xavier and Ohio State. Craft is a very good college basketball player.
thank you NTS.