Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 10-18-2018, 03:57 AM   #51
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I think CLF could have had a P-5 offer before coming to UC.
I can see your point. I hope he is here long term but I really can't believe this is his dream job.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:47 AM   #52
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I can see your point. I hope he is here long term but I really can't believe this is his dream job.
Who cares? Win. If he leaves move on. Can’t control it. I’m over that. Thanks for Butch Jones for finally making me see that.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:51 AM   #53
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Who cares? Win. If he leaves move on. Can’t control it. I’m over that. Thanks for Butch Jones for finally making me see that.
Agreed. Plus how many of us truly were ever in a position where we were in our "dream job"? It doesn't mean we don't try at work otherwise or give it our all while we are there. Doesn't mean you wouldn't take some other job at the first opportunity. Fickell seems like a good guy and a good coach. If he is uber successful and gets a job offer at OSU or something, good for him. It means he had 3 or 4 great seasons here and rebuilt our program for someone else to pick up the pieces.

In a way, I'm almost more worried about losing Mike Bohn. He seems like the real deal as AD.
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #54
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
I think CLF could have had a P-5 offer before coming to UC.
Possibly but time was limited as he was still coaching when UC announced him as HC. He would have to have been a #1 target for P5 team to get in early
Old 10-18-2018, 01:32 PM   #55
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
When CLF was hired there was an interview he had and he stated that he talked with his wife several years ago about being a HC and stated UC would be a good destination. So, even tho prolly not dream job, he has only coached and lived in midwest so very nice fit.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:36 PM   #56
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
coaches poll

Houston jumps up to #17 and UC is 27th. Good for the american. Houston has one of the best offenses in college.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:46 PM   #57
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

11-2

WHAT A GREAT SEASON. BOTH FOOTBALL AND BASKETBALL FINISH 11-2. HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE !! GO CATS!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:19 PM   #58
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Terrific football season, exceeding all expectations!
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 10:56 AM   #59
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

SHOCKING NEWS FOR THE AMERICAN! GO HOUSTON

Source: Houston finalizing deal with West Virginia's Dana Holgorsen
play
8:54 AM MT
Sam Khan Jr.
ESPN Staff Writer

The Houston Cougars are finalizing a deal to make Dana Holgorsen their next head coach and are expected to announce his hire as early as Tuesday, a source with knowledge of the search told ESPN.

The West Virginia coach, who is 61-41 with the Mountaineers, will receive a five-year contract worth $20 million, the source said. It would make him the highest-paid coach of a Group of 5 program.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Houston fires Applewhite after two seasons
Houston fired coach Major Applewhite on Sunday after two seasons with the program, the school announced.

SBNation.com first reported the news of Holgorsen's imminent hiring and contract figure.

Holgorsen will return to familiar stomping grounds, where he spent two seasons as the Cougars' offensive coordinator in 2008-09 under then-head coach Kevin Sumlin. Holgorsen will succeed Major Applewhite, whom the Cougars fired Sunday after two-plus seasons with the program.

Houston made Holgorsen its top target in its search but timing dictated it wait until the new year, as his buyout to get out of his contract at West Virginia dropped from $2.5 million to $1 million on Tuesday.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #60
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

If the TB Buccaneers hire Kelly from ND that is the coaching spot I would fear that CLF would go to