Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-08-2018, 07:58 AM   #201
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
He had 2 fouls in the 1H, he ended the game with 2 fouls. He should not have been benched with one foul for so long with the lack of offensive talent.
Correct.. Being down 10 points is essentially insurmountable with this team.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:01 AM   #202
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
Big 10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
Losing to a Big 10 team does not hurt you when you play in our league.
It wasn't just a big 10 team. It was one of our major in state rivals. Recruits, pride and prestige was on the line.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #203
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
He had 2 fouls in the 1H, he ended the game with 2 fouls. He should not have been benched with one foul for so long with the lack of offensive talent.
Pat I hear what your saying and I could almost agree with you if I had not seen him foul out of the Nevada game 50 ft from the basket or the two fouls he picked up in the OSU game. Both were terrible fouls and were very avoidable. He picked up a foul less the .20 seconds into the game. Mick being no different the most coaches will sit a player with 2 fouls in the first half to avoid risking him picking up his third. Him getting 1 so early in the game and sitting him was Mick trying to keep him from picking up his second.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:37 AM   #204
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Pat I hear what your saying and I could almost agree with you if I had not seen him foul out of the Nevada game 50 ft from the basket or the two fouls he picked up in the OSU game. Both were terrible fouls and were very avoidable. He picked up a foul less the .20 seconds into the game. Mick being no different the most coaches will sit a player with 2 fouls in the first half to avoid risking him picking up his third. Him getting 1 so early in the game and sitting him was Mick trying to keep him from picking up his second.
This was the bonehead move! Sitting with 1 foul. We can talk all day about the philosophy to sit a player with 2 fouls for the rest of the half. That is done all the time. As some have mentioned though...he is VITAL to our team scoring so you might roll with the punches with Cumberland. If we are going to sit him with 2 fouls I think we need to get Johnson on the court and that probably has to be with Broome and not Jenifer.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #205
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
This was the bonehead move! Sitting with 1 foul. We can talk all day about the philosophy to sit a player with 2 fouls for the rest of the half. That is done all the time. As some have mentioned though...he is VITAL to our team scoring so you might roll with the punches with Cumberland. If we are going to sit him with 2 fouls I think we need to get Johnson on the court and that probably has to be with Broome and not Jenifer.
20 seconds in he wasn't about to let him pick up another so early in the half. He also may have wanted to see how the game was going to be called. I actually thought the officials were a bit tricky tack. Jaron has a nack for picking up charging calls. I don't always agree with them but they happen. If he is your offense this year and the ball is going to be in his hands a bunch he can not pick up BS calls. I totally agree with Coach sitting him at that point.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #206
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I think its difficult to find a 5 man lineup for this team, but i know for sure it isn't 10 deep. Was it just me or did it feel like we subbed at every single stoppage of play last night?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:21 AM   #207
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I think its difficult to find a 5 man lineup for this team, but i know for sure it isn't 10 deep. Was it just me or did it feel like we subbed at every single stoppage of play last night?
Mick always subs. Impossible to get a rhythm for the game when you do this... offense is about rhythm
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #208
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Broome was 1-10 from the field and to put his lack of defense in perspective didn't have a deflection in 28 minutes of action.
Having no deflections isn't great, but neither is letting your man drive right past you multiple times. Broome didn't really do the latter. Not all the guards can say that.
Old 11-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #209
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
20 seconds in he wasn't about to let him pick up another so early in the half. He also may have wanted to see how the game was going to be called. I actually thought the officials were a bit tricky tack. Jaron has a nack for picking up charging calls. I don't always agree with them but they happen. If he is your offense this year and the ball is going to be in his hands a bunch he can not pick up BS calls. I totally agree with Coach sitting him at that point.
What this equates to is sitting him on the bench because you want him to play more minutes?? I don't think I need to point out the irony here. It doesn't make any sense if you think it through
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #210
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
What this equates to is sitting him on the bench because you want him to play more minutes?? I don't think I need to point out the irony here. It doesn't make any sense if you think it through

and he still picked up another foul instantly once he went in. maybe cause he sat for 8 minutes and wanted to make an impact. who knows.