Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-01-2016, 11:42 PM   #31
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
What is everyone going to say when we land this kid? Bc I think we will. But many have already laid out the "reasons" why it's impossible.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #32
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
If so many of these guys want minutes above all else, and they don't care if it's on a worse team, then why don't we steal 5* players from Kentucky? I swear our fans have a built-in excuse for everything. Not to mention that Hicks could get minutes here. And he could start getting them next year if he's any good. Excuses, excuses, excuses.
Dude you literally just post things to try to stir people up and get them talking there is no way your logic is so bad that you can not see kids don't want to come play for a team that they will be coming off the bench for. It's just Constance nonsense the majority of the times you post.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:50 PM   #33
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Dude you literally just post things to try to stir people up and get them talking there is no way your logic is so bad that you can not see kids don't want to come play for a team that they will be coming off the bench for. It's just Constance nonsense the majority of the times you post.
Some kids want to play at the highest level. Not be a superstar on a scrub team. Ask Cane Broome about that. Ask Farad Cobb about that. Coming off the bench as a FR at Cincinnati is not a bad thing. Doesn't mean he can't get on the floor.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #34
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What is everyone going to say when we land this kid? Bc I think we will. But many have already laid out the "reasons" why it's impossible.
I have not laid out any reasons why it's impossible. I think he is a future bearcat too. I think you're getting riled up over nothing.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #35
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
You only post to disagree with whatever I say no matter what. And everyone knows that. So your credibility is zilch.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:58 PM   #36
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
I have not laid out any reasons why it's impossible. I think he is a future bearcat too. I think you're getting riled up over nothing.
I've read like 8,000 posts this spring on people making a lame excuse for why we won't get players who haven't even made a decision yet. Gets annoying.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:09 AM   #37
jds513

Quote:
I've read like 8,000 posts this spring on people making a lame excuse for why we won't get players who haven't even made a decision yet. Gets annoying.
It's all speculation. And we have landed three players for next season. I'm sure we have lost on many more than that. Recruiting is something that is held close to the vest by coaches. You can't be seriously annoyed with people speculating on what this kid is thinking.

Darius Hicks is said to be considering three- four schools from what I have seen: UC, Missouri, Tulane, and now NC state. We are the considerably better team out of those schools. So why is he said to be considering them? Playing time? Good chance. But no one knows. I check this site religiously to read people's posts. And post when I feel obliged to. I would rather read people posting speculation than to have nothing at all.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:14 AM   #38
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
It's all speculation. And we have landed three players for next season. I'm sure we have lost on many more than that. Recruiting is something that is held close to the vest by coaches. You can't be seriously annoyed with people speculating on what this kid is thinking.

Darius Hicks is said to be considering three- four schools from what I have seen: UC, Missouri, Tulane, and now NC state. We are the considerably better team out of those schools. So why is he said to be considering them? Playing time? Good chance. But no one knows. I check this site religiously to read people's posts. And post when I feel obliged to. I would rather read people posting speculation than to have nothing at all.
If the kid can play, he'll play. Like I said above, Quadri Moore got minutes as a FR and SO in the most important game of the season.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:30 AM   #39
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Some kids want to play at the highest level. Not be a superstar on a scrub team. Ask Cane Broome about that. Ask Farad Cobb about that. Coming off the bench as a FR at Cincinnati is not a bad thing. Doesn't mean he can't get on the floor.
Absolutely terrible comparisons Cobb was a starter for his two years here and cane Broome wil start both years he is here
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #40
jds513

Quote:
If the kid can play, he'll play. Like I said above, Quadri Moore got minutes as a FR and SO in the most important game of the season.
Of course. Everyone knows that. Including him. Same is true for those other schools and it may be easier for him to get on the court. Every recruit wants something different in a school. You can't just deny that there could possibly be more playing time available at one of those schools. He's a 3 star player, not 5.