Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-05-2018, 07:22 PM   #221
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Great start to the show. Coach talking about what it took to get that win. Talked about ADJUSTMENTS that needed to be made to face them this time. Some doofus on this board was skeptical about whether we could make the necessary adjustments or not. Amazing recovery...we were up 3 games with 6 to go, then only up 1 with 4 to go with the Wichita game looming. Coach kept the guys focused and ready for the next game. Our staff deserves so much credit overall. They have to set the tone and steer the ship. Coach Cronin has pressed the right buttons this year. He really has our program in a great place. So happy that he gets to have this radio show tonight to really get the appreciation he deserves. He deflects and doesn't make it about him...but he seriously deserves all the credit in the world for the way this regular season went. It's hard to ask for anything more.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:07 PM   #222
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Really good show tonight. A must listen. It's going to be on the iHeartRadio app. Great capper on the regular season. Now we take the show to Orlando!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:32 PM   #223
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Great start to the show. Coach talking about what it took to get that win. Talked about ADJUSTMENTS that needed to be made to face them this time. Some doofus on this board was skeptical about whether we could make the necessary adjustments or not. Amazing recovery...we were up 3 games with 6 to go, then only up 1 with 4 to go with the Wichita game looming. Coach kept the guys focused and ready for the next game. Our staff deserves so much credit overall. They have to set the tone and steer the ship. Coach Cronin has pressed the right buttons this year. He really has our program in a great place. So happy that he gets to have this radio show tonight to really get the appreciation he deserves. He deflects and doesn't make it about him...but he seriously deserves all the credit in the world for the way this regular season went. It's hard to ask for anything more.
I will say this about Cronin. The man has a plan and he sticks to it as long as he can. Sometimes until he is forced to make changes.

But the master plan usually works out in the end the way the fans are hoping. Broome got a lot of tough love and he is probably a better man for it.

Cronin waits a little longer than the fans would like to see certain changes...but in the end we usually get what we want. Most fans like myself would totally jump the gun and screw the whole thing up before the discipline was put in place.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:50 PM   #224
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I will say this about Cronin. The man has a plan and he sticks to it as long as he can. Sometimes until he is forced to make changes.

But the master plan usually works out in the end the way the fans are hoping. Broome got a lot of tough love and he is probably a better man for it.

Cronin waits a little longer than the fans would like to see certain changes...but in the end we usually get what we want. Most fans like myself would totally jump the gun and screw the whole thing up before the discipline was put in place.
Hard to really say that though because we've never seen it. We could have 2 losses if he made the changes earlier or we could have 6.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:43 PM   #225
2Sense

2Sense is on a distinguished road
When talking about Brooks two defensive stops Cronin mentioned that Brooks pointed out to him on tape how he was ready to block the put back from the offensive rebound as well.

I went back and watched the last 16 seconds. As soon as Brooks saw Witchita had the rebound he sprints to the basket and jumps to block the shot, although the ball never made it to the front side of backboard, his hand is at the rim.

Heck of a defensive sequence for a 6'11 center.
2Sense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:12 AM   #226
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sense View Post
When talking about Brooks two defensive stops Cronin mentioned that Brooks pointed out to him on tape how he was ready to block the put back from the offensive rebound as well.

I went back and watched the last 16 seconds. As soon as Brooks saw Witchita had the rebound he sprints to the basket and jumps to block the shot, although the ball never made it to the front side of backboard, his hand is at the rim.

Heck of a defensive sequence for a 6'11 center.
just watched after reading your post. Wow, even if he would have gotten the shot off it would have been blocked easily. Awesome stuff there. I have to say, our role players seem to be clicking at the perfect time. Cronin actually turning out to be a genius? lol
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #227
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
LOL

I love that Coach said Nysier wanted to cut down the nets.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #228
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
LOL

I love that Coach said Nysier wanted to cut down the nets.
Scott* you mean but yes.

So fun to see everyone so happy and enjoying there selves. Lets go get two more banners
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #229
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Show in a few
Old 03-12-2018, 08:25 PM   #230
2Sense

2Sense is on a distinguished road
For those who don't listen to the entire shows. Two funny stories related to how players react after coach berating, in response to recent halftime discussions (just paraphrasing)

Brooks after championship, hugging coach "do you really think I'm a bleepity bleep bleep bleep"?

Clark during/after something directed at him "I got you coach"

Another story, Clark apologizing to ref because he wanted to ask a question and didn't know the ref's name.
2Sense is offline   Reply With Quote