Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get?
1-2 9 14.52%
3 27 43.55%
4 15 24.19%
5 9 14.52%
6 2 3.23%
7 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2018, 09:49 AM   #481
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock/sta...58619501920262
The committee has already gone through and placed the top 8 teams. Let's hope we're in there and can stay there.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:15 AM   #482
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
The committee has already gone through and placed the top 8 teams. Let's hope we're in there and can stay there.
When you look at Bracket Matrix we are the last 2 seed but clearly ahead of the 3 seeds right now.

We are significantly closer to the 2nd overall 2 seed than we are to the first 3 seed. I would hope that bodes well for us
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 AM   #483
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

thats kind of a troll last sentence in that tweet when you read his comments after.

says the top 2 lines have been seeded and then says nothing is set, lots of scrubbing will take place and other teams can move into the top 8.

so why make that sentence?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 10:45 AM   #484
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
thats kind of a troll last sentence in that tweet when you read his comments after.

says the top 2 lines have been seeded and then says nothing is set, lots of scrubbing will take place and other teams can move into the top 8.

so why make that sentence?
I don't know why people are interpreting "have been seeded" to mean "are set in stone". The committee is following the process laid out in the principles and procedures document. All he is saying is they got through the first 3 steps.
Quote:
Procedures for Seeding
1. Each committee member will submit a list of the best eight teams, in no particular order, from teams that are in the tournament as automatic qualifiers or atlarge selections

2. The eight teams receiving the most votes comprise the next seed list ballot.

3. Committee members rank the eight teams from No. 1, using a “ranking” scoring system (i.e., the best team is valued at one point).
Old 03-08-2018, 10:56 AM   #485
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Yeah no idea why people are freaking out....oh yeah I have an idea, most people are stupid.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 11:10 AM   #486
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

People just don't care to look anything up anymore. Arguing is more important than learning.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:40 AM   #487
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

The top ranked bracketologist over the last 5 years (Dave Ommen at Bracketville) has us as a 3, with Auburn as a 2. I think if Auburn or Tennessee wins the SEC tournament, they will jump us if we don't win out. But, as the top 3 seed, we are still able to grab the Detroit site.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #488
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah no idea why people are freaking out....oh yeah I have an idea, most people are stupid.
I wouldn’t say freaking out but it’s clear why the tweet can mislead people.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #489
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
People just don't care to look anything up anymore. Arguing is more important than learning.
He could have probably made it 2 tweets. Start the 2nd tweet with the last sentence.

If somebody were to just see that tweet quoted it could imply the top 8 are seeded and locked in. I don’t think that’s a far stretch if you only read that tweet with no other context.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #490
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
I don't know why people are interpreting "have been seeded" to mean "are set in stone". The committee is following the process laid out in the principles and procedures document. All he is saying is they got through the first 3 steps.

outside of people extremely on top of things such as yourself, how many people know about that procedure?

i agree people can read and learn, i wasn't sure what exactly that meant so i looked for further comments from him and he made it clear. but a lot of people won't do that (they should, but they won't)