Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What seed will UC get?
1-2 9 14.52%
3 27 43.55%
4 15 24.19%
5 9 14.52%
6 2 3.23%
7 or worse 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #591
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I think Xavier's luck runs out this year. And i like us to the elite 8 too, I've seen at least 50% of the expert polls I've looked up say that, think the one on SI I saw last night 5 of the 9 had us going the the elite 8. One guy had us losing to GA state so he doesn't even count lol.
I hope Xavier’s luck runs out. But man they might have the easiest bracket. It sure lacks the most pros compared to other brackets.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 07:44 PM   #592
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
I just saw Virginia guard ACC 6th man of the year De’Andre Hunter will miss the entire NCAA Tournament with a broken wrist.

Averaged 20mpg 9.2 ppg 3.5 reb 1.1 apg

Last edited by TheShoeFits; 03-13-2018 at 07:48 PM.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:22 PM   #593
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I hope Xavier’s luck runs out. But man they might have the easiest bracket. It sure lacks the most pros compared to other brackets.
What? How do you figure it's easy? Depending on how Porter Jr. has progressed over the past week he could be a difference maker and Gonzaga could be the best 4 seed in the touney. It's not like UNC is a walkover, having the most Q1 wins for the season. Maybe all of those lose early but there's no way you can say now they have an easy road.

They're a 1 seed, it's supposed to be not hard.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #594
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
What? How do you figure it's easy? Depending on how Porter Jr. has progressed over the past week he could be a difference maker and Gonzaga could be the best 4 seed in the touney. It's not like UNC is a walkover, having the most Q1 wins for the season. Maybe all of those lose early but there's no way you can say now they have an easy road.

They're a 1 seed, it's supposed to be not hard.
I'd rather even have our draw than be able to switch with them.

We only have 1 other top 10 kpom team in our region, and that's VA, who has a key injury to Hunter.

Zags, UNC, and Michigan are all rated higher than X, and Ohio State is only 1 spot behind them. And they potentially play a 2nd Rd game without having the best player on the floor on their team.

Unless their region just gets blown up, they're going to have to earn it.

Oddsmakers have X as the 4th most likely team in their region to go to the F4, which is pretty hilarious given they have effectively have a bye in the first round.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 11:19 PM   #595
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'd bet my house that they don't make it past the elite 8. And maybe my car that they don't get past the sweet 16. They're gonna lose early, I've seen them luck out too many times, and just know it doesn't always work that way. Their luck runs out and either Mizzou/Fl St knocks them out, or we wait an extra game and OSU or Gonzaga does it.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:46 AM   #596
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I think you guys doubt how good Xavier is and it takes a specific kind of match up to beat them.

Imo there is a slim to none chance they lose to Missouri or Florida state. Porter jr is not gonna beat a team like Xavier after missing 30 games.

Do you guys really think Gonzaga is all that good? They lost to st Mary’s and San Diego state. They have 2 good wins all year. They aren’t nearly as good as last year.

Look, I hope Xavier falls in the first round but Chris Mack and blueitt have been great in these kind of tourneys.

Osu really gonna go far with dakich as the PG ?

Virginia plays potentially De’Andre Ayton in the sweet 16
Kansas has duke and Michigan state in their bracket
Old 03-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #597
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I think you guys doubt how good Xavier is and it takes a specific kind of match up to beat them.

Imo there is a slim to none chance they lose to Missouri or Florida state. Porter jr is not gonna beat a team like Xavier after missing 30 games.

Do you guys really think Gonzaga is all that good? They lost to st Mary’s and San Diego state. They have 2 good wins all year. They aren’t nearly as good as last year.

Look, I hope Xavier falls in the first round but Chris Mack and blueitt have been great in these kind of tourneys.

So are we throwing metrics out the window then? I mean you're making it sound like it's crazier that we think gonzaga or Missouri could beat Xavier than GA State could beat Uc.

Last edited by Jon Rycek; 03-14-2018 at 12:58 AM.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 12:53 AM   #598
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Top 100 kenpom wins In Xavier’s region:
Xavier : 20
Unc: 18
Gonzaga: 8
OSU: 13
Mich: 16
Missouri: 10

Xavier has beaten 20 top 100 kenpom teams. I don’t think osu nor Gonzaga will beat them. Unless it’s a colossal collapse on their part, they don’t face a team that can beat them until the elite 8.

Every team that’s beaten them had a great/ good point guard that thst struggled to guard. The only killer point guard in their entire bracket is Joel berry
Old 03-14-2018, 12:56 AM   #599
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
So are we throwing metrics out the window then?
I love metrics. But if metrics were true we’d be undefeated since we’ve been better than EVERY Team we’ve played this year in metrics.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:59 AM   #600
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Without Jordan Barnett, I doubt X even plays Missouri
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote