Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #121
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Line up to -10. Wow.
Don't get why you're so surprised...LOL.

Sagarin predictor has us as 9.9 point favorites...
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:07 PM   #122
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stats are stats. You can make them say whatever you want.
Yeah I can say we've lost 16 games the last 2 years when we don't have 100 possessions. Or I can say we've lost 16 games the last 2 years when we have more than 5 possessions.

But I'd be intentionally being misleading as hell when I say that, and that's exactly what you've done.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:12 PM   #123
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Yeah I can say we've lost 16 games the last 2 years when we don't have 100 possessions. Or I can say we've lost 16 games the last 2 years when we have more than 5 possessions.

But I'd be intentionally being misleading as hell when I say that, and that's exactly what you've done.
70 is a more realistic number. Over 150 teams average that.

Is it unfair to say we have 2 losses this year over 62 possessions, and 3 at 62 or less?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #124
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Don't get why you're so surprised...LOL.

Sagarin predictor has us as 9.9 point favorites...
Seems like a high number. Hopefully we come out of the gate firing. Cobb needs to go off tonight.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #125
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
70 is a more realistic number. Over 150 teams average that.

Is it unfair to say we have 2 losses this year over 62 possessions, and 3 at 62 or less?
It might be more realistic to normal teams, but clearly we aren't normal. It's as useless at 100 when we didn't reach 70 a single time in regulation last year.

It's not unfair to say we have 2 losses this year over 62 possessions. Just like it's also fair to say we haven't touched 70 possessions in any of our 9 games against teams in the top 150. But in those 9 games, the 2 games with the highest possessions, we've lost.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:23 PM   #126
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Attendance looks like its going to be absolutely atrocious tonight. Every upper seation is 80% not sold.

I think were lucky if we get 4000 people tonight.

So yea, everyone wants UC to win and blah blah blah and yet not one is willing to spend 10 or 20 bucks to go cheer them on.

We have to have one of the worst fan bases. We lose a few game and no one shows the rest of the season.

I'd rather us just shrink capacity to 6000 total than have our guys play in a 13k arena with 4000 inside.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #127
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Attendance looks like its going to be absolutely atrocious tonight. Every upper seation is 80% not sold.

So yea, everyone wants UC to win and blah blah blah and yet not one is willing to spend 10 or 20 bucks to go cheer them on.

We have to have one of the worst fan bases. We lose a few game and no one shows the rest of the season.

I'd rather us just shrink capacity to 6000 total than have our guys play in a 13k arena with 4000 inside.

This is usually a game I would attend, but after being at the Butler, ISU, and Temple games, I'm going to give my heart a rest. Plus maybe a small part of me thinks I'm a jinx.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:28 PM   #128
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Get a new coach and you'll see butts in the rafters again
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #129
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I don't think this is exactly correct. Scoring more points doesn't lead to more possessions. You can play slow as heck, be extremely efficient, and score a decent amount of points. That doesn't mean there will be more possessions.

An example this year would be the Villanova/Virginia game. 86-75 final. That game had 1 less possession than our game vs USF.
It's not 100% correct but generally speaking more points lead to more possisons. There an instances where teams might shoot extremely well and that could limit possessions. Im not a stats guy but does an offensive rebound count as a new possession in the stats you all use or is it just a continuation of the original possession? I'm assuming a new possession means every time the shot clock resets.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #130
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Offensive rebounds just extend the current possession.