Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2016, 06:03 AM   #301
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBoomRoom View Post
But parents can influence if a player signs or stays with the program. At this time , UC is being out recruited by X and Dayton.
We have been out-recruited and out-coached for years. This is nothing new. And Cronin does browse this site, gentlemen. He even posted once and the post and topic we're quickly removed by the mods. Was too bad. It was a good post on his part.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:24 AM   #302
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
We have been out-recruited and out-coached for years. This is nothing new. And Cronin does browse this site, gentlemen. He even posted once and the post and topic we're quickly removed by the mods. Was too bad. It was a good post on his part.
If that's the case, it's disappointing. Perhaps if he focused on his coaching and players more, he wouldn't need a reason to browse
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 08:26 AM   #303
BoomBoomRoom

BoomBoomRoom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
I saw that before it was deleted. The part where the OP stated that Cronin was the 3rd best college coach in SW Ohio is what probably got that thread deleted.There's some truth there.
Here is a quote from Cronins reply , " I too am not happy about my record against X, but that is only one game a year and our programs as a whole are very similar"........ I've got a problem with that. No wonder we can't beat X. "Similar" ? I want to dominate them ! Imagine if Urban Meyer said.....Michigan is only one game.

Last edited by BoomBoomRoom; 01-18-2016 at 08:39 AM.
BoomBoomRoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #304
HoosierCat
Elite Member

HoosierCat is on a distinguished road
I think Cronin would discontinue the Shootout if he had the choice, which I think is a chicken shit way of just not wanting to lose the game anymore. He can spin it any way he wants, but it's the truth
HoosierCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #305
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCat View Post
If that's the case, it's disappointing. Perhaps if he focused on his coaching and players more, he wouldn't need a reason to browse
Perhaps if he could deliver a product worthy of it he'd be a king in this town. This city is so thirsty for a winner that wears the name Cincinnati on it's chest.

You wouldn't have a bunch of people calling for the guy's head if he were delivering results commiserate with our history or his mind boggling salary.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:14 AM   #306
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
mick isn't browsing these sites.

I'm sure the moderators checked out where that message came from. I'm surprised none of them have chimed in on this.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:16 AM   #307
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
Perhaps if he could deliver a product worthy of it he'd be a king in this town. This city is so thirsty for a winner that wears the name Cincinnati on it's chest.

You wouldn't have a bunch of people calling for the guy's head if he were delivering results commiserate with our history or his mind boggling salary.
Not sure about that.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:30 AM   #308
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

I'm sure the moderators checked out where that message came from. I'm surprised none of them have chimed in on this.
We did. And the acct wasn't registered through an email address linked to the UC server. No way that was staying up.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #309
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Not sure about that.
You're not sure about what Waite?? I get that there's like 2 or 3 guys on this message board that might still complain but do you really think our fan base as a whole would be upset with Mick if year in and year out we were a nationally ranked basketball team that competed for high seeds in the tourney?

Your unbelievable blind loyalty for a guy who has done nothing to earn it is a little disturbing. I get that there's some on here that hate Mick no matter what but if they're Fox News than you're MSNBC. Blindly supporting a guy who's results haven't earned it is just as bad as hating the guy regardless of what he does.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 10:33 AM   #310
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I'm sure it wasn't verified as real would be why it got destroyed quickly.

Though this isn't beyond a shadow of a doubt. I've stayed in the same hotel as him in NCAA tourneys, and he can get pretttty screwed up...it is POSSIBLE he might have wandered into a forum..
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote