Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-23-2016, 05:29 PM   #1471
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
It's good, but participation awards are pretty stupid. Seeds and results have not been good. Conference wins have not been as plentiful as they should be. It's not a job that can't be improved upon.
Would you rather have a team in March Madness every year and at least have a shot or watch the tourney knowing your team no longer belongs there? 4 out of 5 teams don't make the tourney. Participation in that tourney is important for recruiting.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:30 PM   #1472
TANEYTOWN

TANEYTOWN is on a distinguished road
Nobody is saying Cronin can't be replaced. But there is nothing wrong with either wanting to keep or wanting to get a damn good coach. Making the tourney is damn hard.
TANEYTOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:31 PM   #1473
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It's good, but participation awards are pretty stupid. Seeds and results have not been good. Conference wins have not been as plentiful as they should be. It's not a job that can't be improved upon.
being 1 of many eligible teams to compete is not participation. If it was everyone would be in the tourney. You have to have a certain amount of success to be invited. While like you I would like to see more wins being one of 8 to to have that streak of invites is nothing to sneeze at.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:33 PM   #1474
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Would you rather have a team in March Madness every year and at least have a shot or watch the tourney knowing your team no longer belongs there? 4 out of 5 teams don't make the tourney. Participation in that tourney is important for recruiting.
You all are nuts. What I said was that cronin isn't irreplaceable. He did not set a bar that can't be crossed.

Your choices are stupid. They aren't the only choices.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #1475
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
You all are nuts. What I said was that cronin isn't irreplaceable. He did not set a bar that can't be crossed.

I was responding to your comment about participation awards. I don't view it as a participation award. A berth in the conference tourney is a participation award. Everyone is invited. No one is saying the results couldn't be better once in the tourney. We would all love that. You can't win the tourney if you're not in the tourney. That was my point. My options are valid.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #1476
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

u make it sound so simple like there are just coaches all over that will work as good with this program as mick like they are just floating around at every mid major school with 20 plus wins last couple years. You guys seem to not even take into the equation that the grass most likely is not greener on the other side
Old 03-23-2016, 05:38 PM   #1477
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Ha, entire UNLV roster said they'd walk if Cronin was hired. Smart boys!!!
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:40 PM   #1478
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberlycolonel View Post
Ha, entire UNLV roster said they'd walk if Cronin was hired. Smart boys!!!
Source?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #1479
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

if your saying you'd like to see more wins I'm with you. I would also agree that no one should be irreplaceable. The admin has a role to help him elevate program by giving him the tools he needs to achieve such goals. He isn't the only cog in the wheel. He is a good coach. I'd like to see us even the playing field and see if he can build on his results instead of starting over with no improvements With a new coach. I think his accomplisnphments deserve that chance. Apparently President Ono does to. He has tweeted that he has instructed Bohn to keep Mick.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #1480
Amberlycolonel

Amberlycolonel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Source?
Tweets from UNLV players.
Amberlycolonel is offline   Reply With Quote