Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football

Old 08-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #371
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats1232002 View Post
I don't want to go too far down this path because this is a sports blog and not a politics blog. They don't teach hate, it is their religious beliefs. They don't drink caffeine either but that doesn't mean they hate coffee plants. Discrimination pertains to race, sex or ethnicity not a sexual lifestyle choice. As a Christian I don't approve of men cheating on their wives or swingers. Doesn't mean I hate them. It is just not acceptable behavior according to Christian religion. I have a right to my religious beliefs (at least for now)

To give you an idea of how PC works today, I guarantee you other people agree with me but won't dare say anything because they will get ambushed in a PC storm. I will probably even get banned or have my post deleted because anyone that goes against the common PC narrative today are shouted down and banned.
You as well as BYU have your right to your religious beliefs. But an institution such as the Big 12 has the right to not associate their business with your belief. Especially if your "belief" would have a negative effect on their business. Pretty simple.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:59 PM   #372
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't want to go too far down this path because this is a sports blog and not a politics blog. They don't teach hate, it is their religious beliefs. They don't drink caffeine either but that doesn't mean they hate coffee plants. Discrimination pertains to race, sex or ethnicity not a sexual lifestyle choice. As a Christian I don't approve of men cheating on their wives or swingers. Doesn't mean I hate them. It is just not acceptable behavior according to Christian religion. I have a right to my religious beliefs (at least for now)

To give you an idea of how PC works today, I guarantee you other people agree with me but won't dare say anything because they will get ambushed in a PC storm. I will probably even get banned or have my post deleted because anyone that goes against the common PC narrative today are shouted down and banned.
BYU has the right to set policies however they want. People have the right to be outspoken bigots if they want. They also have to live with the consequences of those choices. If other people don't appreciate it...they have the right to let you know.

I don't see the problem here. Go ahead and say what you want and stand up for what you believe in if it means that much to you and if you think you are right you shouldn't have to hide it.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:16 PM   #373
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
You as well as BYU have your right to your religious beliefs. But an institution such as the Big 12 has the right to not associate their business with your belief. Especially if your "belief" would have a negative effect on their business. Pretty simple.
Yeah. I don't like getting involved in all this kind of stuff. But it really is that simple.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #374
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
I agree that the Big 12 has the right to accept members based on what they want. They never thought BYU's beliefs were a problem, and maybe they still don't, until these LGBTQ groups started screaming. Shouldn't they throw Baylor (a Baptist college) out because of the murder scandal in basketball and sexual assault scandal in football to show that they are going to take a stand against rape and murder? These things never stop once you open up the can of worms.
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #375
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Smile

This sounds like a episode of south park. As long as they let the bearcats in and oh yes they kill Kenny.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:01 PM   #376
Cataclysmo

Cataclysmo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree that the Big 12 has the right to accept members based on what they want. They never thought BYU's beliefs were a problem, and maybe they still don't, until these LGBTQ groups started screaming. Shouldn't they throw Baylor (a Baptist college) out because of the murder scandal in basketball and sexual assault scandal in football to show that they are going to take a stand against rape and murder? These things never stop once you open up the can of worms.
Baylor Should've gotten the death penalty weeks ago.
Cataclysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:47 AM   #377
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...-serious-issue

Another article on the BYU "honor code" issue as being a major issue. Also talks about 12 or 14 teams are still on the table and that skepticism is rising on a decision before the season starts.

To be clear on the "honor code" as it relates to discrimination or political correctness towards LGBT at BYU. It is discrimination flat out! Even though pre-marital sex is against the code for both gay and straight...for gays there are additional restrictions for public affection that are not there for straight people.

BYU has the right to make their own rules...but once again...they have to lie in that bed. They could probably fix most of this by just taking out the discriminatory language that treats gays differently.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #378
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/coll...-serious-issue

Another article on the BYU "honor code" issue as being a major issue. Also talks about 12 or 14 teams are still on the table and that skepticism is rising on a decision before the season starts.

To be clear on the "honor code" as it relates to discrimination or political correctness towards LGBT at BYU. It is discrimination flat out! Even though pre-marital sex is against the code for both gay and straight...for gays there are additional restrictions for public affection that are not there for straight people.

BYU has the right to make their own rules...but once again...they have to lie in that bed. They could probably fix most of this by just taking out the discriminatory language that treats gays differently.
they're not undoing their nonsense religious teachings to get into a sports league.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:39 AM   #379
Red_N_Black_Attack

Red_N_Black_Attack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman81 View Post
they're not undoing their nonsense religious teachings to get into a sports league.
Guys, let's show respect for everyone. Religion especially on the topic with respect to Mormonism can be a slippery slope. The BYU Honor Code is different than the UC Student Code of Conduct. I'm partial to UC's of course. If it gives us an advantage, I'll accept it. Let's not stoop down to level of bashing other schools or name calling, okay?

We are Bearcats! Focus on our strengths and make those strengths stronger. Don't worry about things out of our control.
Red_N_Black_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:48 AM   #380
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_N_Black_Attack View Post
Guys, let's show respect for everyone. Religion especially on the topic with respect to Mormonism can be a slippery slope. The BYU Honor Code is different than the UC Student Code of Conduct. I'm partial to UC's of course. If it gives us an advantage, I'll accept it. Let's not stoop down to level of bashing other schools or name calling, okay?

We are Bearcats! Focus on our strengths and make those strengths stronger. Don't worry about things out of our control.
no, i will not show respect with regard to their religion.

if it makes you more comfortable, though, you can be happy in knowing that my thoughts are in no way specific to that particular brand of religion.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote