Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-08-2018, 09:43 PM   #221
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
not true. when ive seen offensive minded coaches do a post game presser after a loss in which they lost 87-92, they talk about not getting stops when they needed to.

I really cant think of a coach that has ever said "we needed more buckets" after putting up 90 in a losing effort.

Most offensive-minded coaches, at least the good ones, respect the need for defense. Cronin dismisses the importance of offense way too much.
Ok lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:06 AM   #222
Bearcats1232002

Bearcats1232002 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
My concern os thst we’re going to start getting way out recruited in our own league.

Sampson already stole one recruit from us, and is now a brand Jordan school.

Memphis is going to slay in recruiting

UConn is going to kill it as well

WSU will get high major talent

I’m not sure we will finish in the top 5 of recruiting in own conference. We need a better recruiter.

Do kids today even know who Jordan is? Imagine in a few years when it is brand LeBron. Dang I am old!
Bearcats1232002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #223
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Ok lol
Ok lol lol 😂
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:23 PM   #224
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'll take that wager, 6 or below my way, 7 or above it goes yours.. and I'm an optimist at heart, always lol. But as usual, I'm confident some guys really wake up next season, there are voids to fill, someone will fill them
Deal! I hope you win!
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 01:32 PM   #225
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Just being honest here. I am not nearly as excited about next year as I was the past 2 years...not even close. As usual I am excited to see what the players will do in the off season to ready themselves for the year...but we didn't land any OBVIOUS home runs "yet"...nor do I expect to.

I am pretty excited about Logan Johnson...I think he is going to be really good. It would be nice if we can move Cane over to the 2 for scoring but I don't think Logan will be ready for those minutes just yet. I am excited about Williams...I think he takes a BIG step because his shots start to fall next year. I am not real excited about the bigs...maybe Diarra can surprise or maybe Ellie. I don't have huge confidence in Brooks or Scott to make a huge transformation. I am not excited about post scoring at all...but stranger things have happened.

I think Moore will start to show his shooting ability like he did early in the year but he is limited in what he can do. I hope we can get another wing to help us score a little. Still hoping for an impact big in the paint.

All in all we should have a stellar D...and a very modest offense (being nice). I think we are a bubble team at best. At worst NIT.

I have little hope that Cronin will do much more changing than he has. I had some hope in the latest recruits and some of his "coach speak"...but it did not really play out. I expect him to be the same. I do expect we might press a little more...but I can't imagine we want to run too much half court sets. We will probably be a bad half court set team.

Last edited by waterhead; 04-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:02 PM   #226
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Its all lollipops and roses to think UC will be anything more than a .500 team next year.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:34 PM   #227
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Its all lollipops and roses to think UC will be anything more than a .500 team next year.
Hahaha
Old 04-09-2018, 07:34 PM   #228
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hahaha
Is that a laugh of derision or a nervous laugh?
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #229
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I will lay any wager you want to make that Cincinnati is way above .500. the conference will take a year or two for the new coaches to get there teams and players together. We need to move to 4 guard offense but either way they are going to be above .500. lol
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #230
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Certainly not nervous. Cumberland is more likely to be an all America than we are to being close to .500