Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2018 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #91
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
In 12 years, we have had Adam Hrycaniuk from Poland.
Ahhhh..... playing the old race card now. I always wondered how you could defend Tuberville and knock Cronin. Now I see your angle. You're mad he doesn't get white kids. He did btw have another white kid on scholarship but he got busted for selling drugs before he ever played. This discussion used to not be tolerated on his site and we didn't have to hear about it in forever. White kids not coming here has nothing to do with Cronin and much more to do with the fact we're an urban school.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #92
Weez1414

Weez1414 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I don't think this coaching staff can do better.
Me neither. Just wish they could. Or make the change that does. There's just alot of schools in small conferences that land alot better players and I'm not talking about how many stars they got behind their name but just a better smarter player 8n general.
Weez1414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #93
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat81 View Post
I am just curious, why are you down on Hardnett? Won a state championship, was the best player on the floor and dominated the game. I haven't seen him play, but it seems like people aren't too excited about him. Why is that?
I’m sure he will be fine I just want some shooters... it’s all good though
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 07:22 PM   #94
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
I’m sure he will be fine I just want some shooters... it’s all good though
Me and you both.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:55 AM   #95
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
David---Xavier sits in the same neighborhood as UC. Do you consider them an Urban school?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:01 PM   #96
GarradJ21
Epic Member

The thing about Fredericks is he might not just come in to be on the team but actually be a starter. There's the chance Cronin starts both Cane and JJ but I highly doubt it. I think he will start two bigs. I think he will play the 4 guard lineup a lot throughout the season and even Cane and JJ at the same time but he wont start the game out that way. I think the starting 5 really will look like this:

Cane/Jennifer
Cumberland
Fredericks
Scott
Brooks

Cronin needs to go with Cane off the jump. Stop the nonsense.

I'm still hoping Jennifer transfers. I know that is mean to say but I cant help it. Just like the real good player for Creighton is going home for his last year. Jennifer could go play at UMBC or something

Last edited by GarradJ21; 04-13-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:21 PM   #97
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
The thing about Fredericks is he might not just come in to be on the team but actually be a starter. There's the chance Cronin starts both Cane and JJ but I highly doubt it. I think he will start two bigs. I think he will play the 4 guard lineup a lot throughout the season and even Cane and JJ at the same time but he wont start the game out that way. I think the starting 5 really will look like this:

Cane/Jennifer
Cumberland
Fredericks
Scott
Brooks

Cronin needs to go with Cane off the jump. Stop the nonsense.

I'm still hoping Jennifer transfers. I know that is mean to say but I cant help it. Just like the real good player for Creighton is going home for his last year. Jennifer could go play at UMBC or something
I'm telling you, we gotta start Nsoseme. That dude cannot play when we are in the bonus. And pretending his FT shooting is going to improve or whatever, is bs. He has no clue where the ball is going. Start him each half and have him go nuts for 6-7 minutes. If he fouls out, he fouls out. Brooks hasn't earned the starting spot anyway. If Cronin really is an "analytics guy", he may want to look into that approach. Bc if I'm the other coach, I'm putting in a scrub to foul Nsoseme at minimum for fouls 7-9. He'd be lucky to make 1 free throw in 3 1 and 1 trips.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:24 PM   #98
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
I'm telling you, we gotta start Nsoseme. That dude cannot play when we are in the bonus. And pretending his FT shooting is going to improve or whatever, is bs. He has no clue where the ball is going. Start him each half and have him go nuts for 6-7 minutes. If he fouls out, he fouls out. Brooks hasn't earned the starting spot anyway. If Cronin really is an "analytics guy", he may want to look into that approach. Bc if I'm the other coach, I'm putting in a scrub to foul Nsoseme at minimum for fouls 7-9. He'd be lucky to make 1 free throw in 3 1 and 1 trips.
I'd also bet a lot of money that Trevor Moore starts. He's a Cronin guy. We already saw that. So his stats are not relevant. He could shoot 10% for the rest of his career and it wouldn't matter.

Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Nsoseme

We'll sell the bs about Broome needing to come off the bench for scoring or whatever. Even though Williams and Diarra are plenty capable...or should be.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:31 PM   #99
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
I'd also bet a lot of money that Trevor Moore starts. He's a Cronin guy. We already saw that. So his stats are not relevant. He could shoot 10% for the rest of his career and it wouldn't matter.

Jenifer
Cumberland
Moore
Scott
Nsoseme

We'll sell the bs about Broome needing to come off the bench for scoring or whatever. Even though Williams and Diarra are plenty capable...or should be.
If Jennifer and Moore start next year I'll throw in my towel and become a Xavier fan.

I get your point on Nsoseme but wont happen. Brooks will start.

The team is very high on Mamoudou..Hopefully we will see him develop this year.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #100
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
If Jennifer and Moore start next year I'll throw in my towel and become a Xavier fan.

I get your point on Nsoseme but wont happen. Brooks will start.

The team is very high on Mamoudou..Hopefully we will see him develop this year.
Every time I think of Diarra I get nasty flashbacks to the days when Cronin would just scream at Ibarahima Thomas all game every time. He wasn't allowed to be who he was. He had to be exactly what Cronin demanded. Scares me with Diarra. But if you weren't planning on letting him use his natural skills, not sure why you'd recruit him. I have wondered that plenty of times before though.