Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
I like the hire. Hopefully the current players do as well
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #296
Btown Bearcat

Btown Bearcat is an unknown quantity at this point
I’m happy with the hire. Be interesting to see if he can keep the rest guys together and whether he can hold onto Samari and also what kind transfers he gets
Btown Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #297
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
Ugh, well, you should....
I should be as concerned with hiring a coach with a proven track record, and stats that can be analyzed as I should with someone who has never been the head coach of a college team ever? Yeah...nice take.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:14 PM   #298
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealUC View Post
I should be as concerned with hiring a coach with a proven track record, and stats that can be analyzed as I should with someone who has never been the head coach of a college team ever? Yeah...nice take.
"Durr never been a head coach" but has 13yrs playing experience, in the NBA... Playing with and against Hall of Famers. So f'n stupid for anybody to think he needs to be a head coach in college or at the mid majors level when he's been an assistant in the NBA. Penny was just a high school coach. Sad that a certain faction get to strangle hold these head coaching positions and these players get deemed as being not quality despite playing and coaching experience. What a lame hire, administration and a even dumber fanbase
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:24 PM   #299
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRunner89 View Post
"Durr never been a head coach" but has 13yrs playing experience, in the NBA... Playing with and against Hall of Famers. So f'n stupid for anybody to think he needs to be a head coach in college or at the mid majors level when he's been an assistant in the NBA. Penny was just a high school coach. Sad that a certain faction get to strangle hold these head coaching positions and these players get deemed as being not quality despite playing and coaching experience. What a lame hire, administration and a even dumber fanbase
Yea, it’s ridiculous that someone in who gains experience in a certain field should get a job over someone who hasn’t worked to get that experience... let alone someone who didn’t even take the time to finish his education and now wants to work at an educational institution. If nve wants to be a college HC he should get an assistant job ASAP.

Penny prob won’t coach great either but it wasn’t his experience that got him the job... it was his aau team that had like 3 of the top 100 players on it. I’d probably consider nve if he could guarantee the number one player in the class coming to uc... but he can’t
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #300
insomniaisevil

insomniaisevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post

I mean really, how many NKU games have you watched? Murray games?
I may not be a total basketball expert, but I am an NKU grad and I have watched the vast majority of games since NKU moved to D1. I have especially been watching since Brannen was brought in 3 years ago. Many of those games sitting a few rows behind the bench. He's a great coach. He helps his players improve year to year, big time. He does a great job of in game adjustments as well. The Norse won a TON of games because of changes made at the half by him and his staff. He's also a great communicator with both the players and fans. UC fans are going to love what he brings.
insomniaisevil is offline   Reply With Quote