Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #871
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It’s official now. I hope he’s got some irons in the fire
I believe he's a local guy right? Several years ago was listed as one of the top 10 assistants by bleacher report. Sounds like a great guy personally. Nice write up here...

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/springfield-south-grad-gee-family-story-subject-book-documentary/sVd9ndBms7nRMn1PEuFh4L/
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #872
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
The lack of substantive action is really concerning--particularly the not having a coaching staff in place. Expecting him to recruit as good as or better than Cronin off the bat, however, would be unrealistic.

At the end of the day I still put his squarely on Bohn, Pinto, the BoT, and the boosters for not bending over backward to keep Cronin. A few dumb ham and eggers from Mt. Washington and Delhi can think UC is basically UK and thus Mick Cronin's "underperformance" in March should've been a fireable offense, or that UC could just switch coaches to take them to the (non-existent, for us at least) "next level", but the administration is supposedly getting paid to know better.
Can’t have it both ways... we aren’t elite then why do you advocate paying a coach p5 pay when you morons admit uc will never contend for a bat championship. Typical dumbass Cronin supporter rhetoric
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:14 PM   #873
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCats329 View Post
Because dumbass, I'm cognizant enough to recognize where UC slots (or at least slotted, before Mick was more or less pushed out the door and the program became a total dumpster fire in a little over four weeks) into the hierarchy of college sports, and to recognize a good thing when I saw it. Newsflash, dummy: UC isn't Duke or Kentucky, and in all likelihood they're not competing for a national championship most years. Realistically, a sweet sixteen or an elite eight every few years with an especially good team and a favorable draw was pretty much the ceiling. Yeah, they probably missed their best crack at it last year with the Nevada debacle, but they also won 90 games over the last three years and were *supposed* to have a really good team coming back next year so I got over it.

Tl;dr: unlike you and a clueless minority of UC fans, I realized a long, long time ago that UC isn't actually an elite program and that they're likely not ever going to be--certainly not until they're in a better conference and playing all their games on national TV instead of behind the ESPN+ streaming paywall--I tempered my expectations accordingly and enjoyed winning a ton of games, winning the conference, being in the tournament *
every single year* and having a CHANCE to make a run because to do that you have to actually make the tournament first.

You know what sucks though? Sitting through a bunch of rebuilds because of regular coaching changes, watching your team lose a bunch of games, and having your season end when you lose in the conference tournament. Already did it once at UC just ten years ago, have had to do it twice for my other alma mater (Indiana) over that same stretch. It's especially aggravating in this case: UC did this to themselves by pushing Cronin out because of they and their fans' unrealistic expectations.

If you can't wrap your head around all that, I can't help you.
You should tell that to Texas Tech haha
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:25 PM   #874
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Davenport just committed...now please get Curtis back!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXzzm1WeiM8
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #875
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Another video..just cause we can all use more excitement.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=svAvB-05wJk
Old 05-11-2019, 03:35 PM   #876
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Moeller.. He's Been well coached...
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #877
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post

Okay staffs in place and we have our first of many recruits out the way. I like the pickup!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:01 PM   #878
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post

Where do you see he committed?
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 04:05 PM   #879
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Where do you see he committed?
Chad announced on Twitter.