Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Houston

Game is Thursday at 9 PM EST on CBSSN.

Houston is 21-8 overall and 11-6 in AAC. They have won 5 of 6, and the loss was from blowing a 12 point 2nd half lead at home vs Temple.

They are #52 in KenPom...#17 AdjO, #178 AdjD, and #258 AdjT.

I think we will be +2.

UC 61
Houston 59

Last edited by jacobkdoyle; 02-29-2016 at 09:56 AM.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
ESPN has the game time listed at 9 PM ET.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
ESPN has the game time listed at 9 PM ET.
Whoops! Fixed, thanks.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Won't lie.

Im nervous as hell for this game.

Its senior night @ Houston and from the looks of it, it will be sold out. Senior night always scares me when we are the away team. I saw how good Seton Hall was against X on senior night.

I think keys to the game are this:
** Allow 7 3 pointers or less: Last game they hit 10 on us and in all there other wins lately, the max they hit was 7. Make them beat us with 2 point shots
**Shut down Rob Gray: We did a good job of keeping him on the bench last time we played them.
**Limit offensive rebounds: they outrebounded us last time including 18 Offensive RB.
**Run the offense through Gary: We should try to get there big guys in foul trouble and get Gary as many touches as possible
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Won't lie.

Im nervous as hell for this game.

Its senior night @ Houston and from the looks of it, it will be sold out. Senior night always scares me when we are the away team. I saw how good Seton Hall was against X on senior night.

I think keys to the game are this:
** Allow 7 3 pointers or less: Last game they hit 10 on us and in all there other wins lately, the max they hit was 7. Make them beat us with 2 point shots
**Shut down Rob Gray: We did a good job of keeping him on the bench last time we played them.
**Limit offensive rebounds: they outrebounded us last time including 18 Offensive RB.
**Run the offense through Gary: We should try to get there big guys in foul trouble and get Gary as many touches as possible
I'd be shocked if we only gave up 7 3s. I hope we do though. I'd go at Gray all game long and make him defend.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #6
tonka

tonka is on a distinguished road
Gray didn't play much last game. I agree that he is a huge defensive liability. I think if we slow down Pollard and limit the amount of 3 pointers made we will win.
tonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:09 PM   #7
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
It's going to be sellout? Are you sure? They always draw the worst crowds I've ever seen. Honestly, it might not be a bad thing if it's packed. A dead arena with no emotion makes our players lazy. Least a crowd would keep them alert.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #8
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
It's going to be sellout? Are you sure? They always draw the worst crowds I've ever seen. Honestly, it might not be a bad thing if it's packed. A dead arena with no emotion makes our players lazy. Least a crowd would keep them alert.
That sounds like some bulldog logic lol
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #9
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
That sounds like some bulldog logic lol
Haha! But honestly, it's kinda true. Our guys have been known to feed off the energy /environment.

On the radio show, Larry Davis said he hopes it's a large crowd. The players seem to feed off it. So could be a little bit of truth. It's two folds for sure.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #10
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
We were in position to win the SMU, Temple and Tulsa road games and we did win the UConn game. Outside of Xavier, we've yet to be blown out this year.

I have no concerns about them not coming ready to play, being down two starters will hurt but this is a game we WILL win. It's about time one goes our way.

Cincinnati 67
Houston 63
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote