Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Will Tuberville be the coach next year?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #31
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Eddie Gran is rumored to be the new OC at Kentucky. Tubby boy is building something special alright!!
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #32
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
Eddie Gran is rumored to be the new OC at Kentucky. Tubby boy is building something special alright!!
Really bad week+ leading up to the bowl game. Wow.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 11:48 AM   #33
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Really bad week+ leading up to the bowl game. Wow.
Maybe I jumped the gun because UK fans were talking a lot about it. At this point, Gran is considered their top candidate. Not sure if he's gone for sure.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #34
bearcat8290

bearcat8290 is on a distinguished road
I'm not a big supporter of Tuberville. If I were the AD, I would be looking tirelessly for a new coach and new coaching. I think when Bob Goin decided to remove Rick Minter and hire Dantonio, UC started football in the right direction. At that point, partially due to Minter's over 90 assistants in 10 years, Dantonio insisted that UC pay it's assistant coaches and keep them in the fold while he was coaching. UC did that and had success. Dantonio has recruited heavily in Cincinnati and Ohio spending alot of time in town, in Dayton, Cleveland and Toledo. He made huge strides in those communities and came away with great players. Tuberville spends too much time in Florida. My problems with Tuberville are as follows:

1.too many players getting in trouble. Remember the rash of problems we had a couple of years ago? That was awful and should never happen.

2.recruits too many JC players. Way to many for me. Anyone notice the recruits we are getting are most JC players. I think it's one reason Larkin decided on Northwestern. He sees UC sliding.

3.Too much recruiting in Florida. Tuberville is basically ignoring Ohio and Cincinnati. When I spoke to Steve Spect the St X coach at a UC game, he stated he welcomed UC to recruit his players, but UC's staff does not show at ANY of his practices and recruits nearly no one. That's ridiculous.

4. bowl performance is awful. Tuberville takes the bowl game to be a coaching holiday. At the Military bowl, we played with a third string QB. I can't imagine paying 3-4 thousand on tickets, food, transportation to that game only to have the coaching staff treat it like a holiday. That's why I don't go to bowl games anymore. Tuberville does not care if we win or loose. We've been trounced each year at bowl games during his tenure.

5. Tuberville wants too much money. Now he wants an extension. Are you kidding?

6. Tuberville has a loose style of coaching allowing for assistants to do much of the game planning and coaching. If that is going to be the case, he needs the money and needs to hire top flight assistants. Handing over the reigns of the defensive coordinator the job to a man already a assistant coach on the team tells me there is no money for assistant coaches or coordinators.
bearcat8290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:28 AM   #35
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
VIEW POINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat8290 View Post
I'm not a big supporter of Tuberville. If I were the AD, I would be looking tirelessly for a new coach and new coaching. I think when Bob Goin decided to remove Rick Minter and hire Dantonio, UC started football in the right direction. At that point, partially due to Minter's over 90 assistants in 10 years, Dantonio insisted that UC pay it's assistant coaches and keep them in the fold while he was coaching. UC did that and had success. Dantonio has recruited heavily in Cincinnati and Ohio spending alot of time in town, in Dayton, Cleveland and Toledo. He made huge strides in those communities and came away with great players. Tuberville spends too much time in Florida. My problems with Tuberville are as follows:

1.too many players getting in trouble. Remember the rash of problems we had a couple of years ago? That was awful and should never happen.

2.recruits too many JC players. Way to many for me. Anyone notice the recruits we are getting are most JC players. I think it's one reason Larkin decided on Northwestern. He sees UC sliding.

3.Too much recruiting in Florida. Tuberville is basically ignoring Ohio and Cincinnati. When I spoke to Steve Spect the St X coach at a UC game, he stated he welcomed UC to recruit his players, but UC's staff does not show at ANY of his practices and recruits nearly no one. That's ridiculous.

4. bowl performance is awful. Tuberville takes the bowl game to be a coaching holiday. At the Military bowl, we played with a third string QB. I can't imagine paying 3-4 thousand on tickets, food, transportation to that game only to have the coaching staff treat it like a holiday. That's why I don't go to bowl games anymore. Tuberville does not care if we win or loose. We've been trounced each year at bowl games during his tenure.

5. Tuberville wants too much money. Now he wants an extension. Are you kidding?

6. Tuberville has a loose style of coaching allowing for assistants to do much of the game planning and coaching. If that is going to be the case, he needs the money and needs to hire top flight assistants. Handing over the reigns of the defensive coordinator the job to a man already a assistant coach on the team tells me there is no money for assistant coaches or coordinators.
1. Not that many problems--every school has problems---and I mean all schools
2. Again, not that many JC players---just your opinion---you don't have a clue why Larkin switched to NW
3. I don't care where the players come from, and I doubt seriously that they don't recruit players from Cincy and Ohio--players have to show an interest in UC or your wasting your time
4. I have never known a coach in my life that didn't want to win--that's a ridiculous statement. You have no clue how many hours the coaching staff puts into game preparation.
5. He doesn't want any more money. He wants and needs an extension to counter negative people out there calling for his head. Your negative claims hurt his recruiting.
6. This isn't high school coaching--all head coaches in college delegate responsibilities. At that level, you don't need a bunch of ball boys.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:04 PM   #36
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
1. Not that many problems--every school has problems---and I mean all schools
2. Again, not that many JC players---just your opinion---you don't have a clue why Larkin switched to NW
3. I don't care where the players come from, and I doubt seriously that they don't recruit players from Cincy and Ohio--players have to show an interest in UC or your wasting your time
4. I have never known a coach in my life that didn't want to win--that's a ridiculous statement. You have no clue how many hours the coaching staff puts into game preparation.
5. He doesn't want any more money. He wants and needs an extension to counter negative people out there calling for his head. Your negative claims hurt his recruiting.
6. This isn't high school coaching--all head coaches in college delegate responsibilities. At that level, you don't need a bunch of ball boys.
Have you guys headed out to Hawaii yet coach?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:06 PM   #37
M64W

Leave on Tuesday

We leave on Tuesday. How about you?
Old 12-19-2015, 12:10 PM   #38
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Quote:
Wouldn't even spend money on gas to drive to get to Nippert to watch this team.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #39
M64W

Talking SOME FACTS

These are facts--not opinions:
1) There were only 38% of FBS schools with a better record than UC
2) UC's five losses were to teams within this 38%
3) This means there were 62% of teams with worse records

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why some of you are so down on the Bearcats and Coach T. I think a lot of it has to do with expectations--they were high (mainly due to offensive capabilities). See all of the true Bearcats in Hawaii.
Old 12-19-2015, 01:50 PM   #40
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I wish I was rich
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote