Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-12-2020, 04:27 PM   #2481
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I agree the NBA is what forced their hand, but how any game got started today I'll never understand.

I like that more people are understanding the situation. I was growing frustrated by the past 2 weeks, but I'm glad to see the states/big events are taking it seriously.
Love the people that say, “it’s just the flu”. Like the whole world is just making things up
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:43 PM   #2482
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Love the people that say, “it’s just the flu”. Like the whole world is just making things up
The thing thatS weird to me is that the CDC has already stated that everyone is going to come in contacted with the virus so why does it matter when people get it.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 04:48 PM   #2483
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
If everyone gets it in a short timeframe the healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:08 PM   #2484
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
If everyone gets it in a short timeframe the healthcare system will be overwhelmed.
They are already turning down people at hospitals urgent cares and any other type of hospital care the only argument I could understand is the overwhelming need for medication for people who have asthma, high blood pressure or diabetes
Old 03-12-2020, 05:26 PM   #2485
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
I think the experts that deal with viruses know more than us. They don’t close schools for fun. I’ve never seen that in my life.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:28 PM   #2486
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think the experts that deal with viruses know more than us. They don’t close schools for fun. I’ve never seen that in my life.
For sure I was just curious as to if we are all going to get it before the vaccine is made available what’s the point
Old 03-12-2020, 07:03 PM   #2487
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
The thing thatS weird to me is that the CDC has already stated that everyone is going to come in contacted with the virus so why does it matter when people get it.
One major factor is that people trying to fight it off frequently need oxygen to assist them. There is already a strain on the amount of oxygen hospitals can afford to produce, not to mention equipment to hook people up to. It would be a financial disaster on that alone if even larger numbers of people get sick at once.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 PM   #2488
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
This is just something I have never seen before, it has been such a weird day... when it comes to stuff like this, sports and other things take a back seat to people’s health, I know we all fight with each other on here but I wish everyone on here to stay safe and try to stay healthy, hopefully more information on this comes available in the coming days
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:05 PM   #2489
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
One major factor is that people trying to fight it off frequently need oxygen to assist them. There is already a strain on the amount of oxygen hospitals can afford to produce, not to mention equipment to hook people up to. It would be a financial disaster on that alone if even larger numbers of people get sick at once.
Oxygen Tanks makes sense, definitely can make those in the US, the offshore medication for people with life threatening illnesses is a scary thing to think about