Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #51
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
Rashawn Fredericks has only scored in double digits twice this season before the Shootout just like Kanter. Both games were blowouts. Fredericks currently averages 4 pts a game. Kanter averaged 5 before the Shootout.

Fredericks averaged almost 18 ppg last season in 23 minutes. Numbers similar to Kanter before he came to X.

You're telling me that if Rashawn Fredericks showed up tomorrow and went 6-8 and 2-2 from beyond the arc for 17 points you wouldn't think that was in Micks words "strange"

im telling you i wouldn't have thought it was strange if he did it in the UNLV after playing well in 2 of his previous 3 games.

if Fredericks had kept playing well and was averaging 9.5 ppg his last 4 i think we all would expect him to have an impact on this game. but as he hasn't and he's only averaging 4.25 ppg his last 4 games i think we think it will be less than likely he has a large impact on this game.

so while kanter was trending the correct direction, fredericks is not (3 or less points in 3 of last 4 games)
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 10:35 AM   #52
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Fredericks came from junior college. Kanter transferred from a Division 1 school. Big difference.
And I get that and its a totally fair argument but who's to say Rashawn Fredericks couldnt average numbers close to Kanters playing a full season in the Horizon
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:27 AM   #53
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
25.5 hours.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #54
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Let's get this back on track.

F*** Eggs
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #55
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Let's get this back on track.

F*** Eggs
Best post ever.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #56
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShoeFits View Post
And I get that and its a totally fair argument but who's to say Rashawn Fredericks couldnt average numbers close to Kanters playing a full season in the Horizon
I am saying that. Juco transfers to the Horizon league in 2017, juco stats in blue, 2018 D1 stats in red.

Sukhjot Banes (13 pts, 8 reb) (3 pts, 3 reb)
Vance Johnson (14 pts, 9 reb) (5 pts, 4 reb)
Julius Palmer (7 pts, 5 reb) (1 pts, 2 reb)
Noe Anabir (9 pts, 5 reb) (2 pts, 2 reb)
Alex Wilbourn (9 pts, 5 reb) (0 pts, 1 reb)
Tyree Robinson (13 pts, 7 reb) (8 pts, 4 reb)

Fredericks put up 18 pts, 10 reb last year. Kanter put up 11 pts, 6 reb in his junior year at Green Bay. Only one player listed above (Robinson) saw a camparable drop in production. All of the others were significantly worse.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:25 PM   #57
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Need max effort and execution for 40 minutes tomorrow. Our Guards can not give up penetration which causes our bigs to be out of rebounding position. X has been very good on the offensive glass. Limit second chance points and get to the FT line. That is how I see the game. Need everyone to bring their A game from the opening tip off.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #58
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
My point is that Kanter didn't come out of nowhere. Yeah, he shot well above his average against us last year. But in any given game, you would expect at least one player to overperform and one to underperform. For X, Blueitt, Jones, Gates and Kanter overperformed. Macura and Goodin underperformed. For us, Evans and Scott overperformed. Clark and Washington underperformed. The fact that Kanter was a bench player who overperformed seems to have implanted in everyone's brains. But he was no more important to the game's outcome than any of the other 9 players I listed.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #59
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I am saying that. Juco transfers to the Horizon league in 2017, juco stats in blue, 2018 D1 stats in red.

Sukhjot Banes (13 pts, 8 reb) (3 pts, 3 reb)
Vance Johnson (14 pts, 9 reb) (5 pts, 4 reb)
Julius Palmer (7 pts, 5 reb) (1 pts, 2 reb)
Noe Anabir (9 pts, 5 reb) (2 pts, 2 reb)
Alex Wilbourn (9 pts, 5 reb) (0 pts, 1 reb)
Tyree Robinson (13 pts, 7 reb) (8 pts, 4 reb)

Fredericks put up 18 pts, 10 reb last year. Kanter put up 11 pts, 6 reb in his junior year at Green Bay. Only one player listed above (Robinson) saw a camparable drop in production. All of the others were significantly worse.

Juco players you listed averaged 10.8 points and 6.5 rebounds

D1 averages 3.1 points and 2.6 rebounds

That's a difference of 7.7 points and 3.9 rebounds.

Fredereicks 18 pts -7.7 pts (avg difference) and 10 reb - 3.9 reb (avg difference) comes to 10.3 pts and 6.1 reb.

Pretty pretty comparable to Kanters 11 and 6.

By the way, not arguing or anything. I just like a good friendly debate. Especially with numbers. I'm sure we can both agree we'd enjoy a big win tomorrow.

Last edited by TheShoeFits; 12-07-2018 at 02:00 PM.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #60
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I think Cronin just means sometimes the unexpected guys can get hot during the crosstown shootout. I mean Dee Davis and Kantar were not supposed to have that big of impact on the games. Obviously they had potential too, any D1 player mostly like does especially a senior, but he just was stating that shots seem to fall that game for Xavier.

I just hope we get the win I don't care what happens.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote