Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2018, 03:43 PM   #151
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
Great game plan, great execution. Only thing I'd like to see going forward is the guys like Williams, Moore and Frederick handling the ball some like Cumberland.
Maybe Williams. Frederick's has not impressed so far this season and today was no different. Moore I don't think is confident enough in his ball handling at this point either.

I think next year (unless we get a grad transfer PG), we may see Cumberland at PG quite a bit. But for this year it's going to be Jenifer and Broome.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:53 PM   #152
Lawrugby89

Lawrugby89 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
He is playing behind a guy who is playing lights out. JJ had 9 assist today with 1 TO. He was all over defensively. Logan's time will come but it may not be this year.
I am still a Jennifer skeptic. The only two shots I saw him take are 2 threes that he missed. That said I don’t argue against the result and the team seemed to be under control. Maybe this will be the group that truly gels around Cronin’s vision of defense first and deliberate offense basketball. It remains to be seen if he will ever let LoJoe be what it appears he is capable of which is taking the team over.
Lawrugby89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #153
icehole3

icehole3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Maybe Williams. Frederick's has not impressed so far this season and today was no different. Moore I don't think is confident enough in his ball handling at this point either.

I think next year (unless we get a grad transfer PG), we may see Cumberland at PG quite a bit. But for this year it's going to be Jenifer and Broome.
The regular season is the best time to get these kids ready. Wait until later and they'll never be confident enough to handle the ball. Look at a team like Nevada, that's the model Mick should be going after.
icehole3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:00 PM   #154
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby89 View Post
I am still a Jennifer skeptic. The only two shots I saw him take are 2 threes that he missed. That said I don’t argue against the result and the team seemed to be under control. Maybe this will be the group that truly gels around Cronin’s vision of defense first and deliberate offense basketball. It remains to be seen if he will ever let LoJoe be what it appears he is capable of which is taking the team over.
You do understand no one makes every shot? He still had 6 points and was 4-4 from the FT line. He guarded his ass off and distributed 9 assist with only 1 TO. He is a facilitator extraordinaire. Your Cronin restricts players growth is tired. Learn the game.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:07 PM   #155
Emperor Snapper

Emperor Snapper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby89 View Post
He is shooting 46% from three point range, has a nearly 8:1 assist to turnover ratio, and is playing the best defense of his career. I think Logan Johnson is going to be really good, but I can't see how you take minutes away from Jenifer right now. There is a better argument for taking minutes away from Broome, who hasn't made a 3 since Arkansas-Pine Bluff, sulks on defense when his shot isn't falling, and seems to forget he has teammates at times. That said, he is also capable of exploding at any time and carrying the team on offense, a quality shared only by Cumberland on this team. You have to live with Bad Cane in order to get Good Cane, and I don't think Johnson brings enough right now to give up a chance at seeing Good Cane.
Emperor Snapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:09 PM   #156
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
You do understand no one makes every shot? He still had 6 points and was 4-4 from the FT line. He guarded his ass off and distributed 9 assist with only 1 TO. He is a facilitator extraordinaire. Your Cronin restricts players growth is tired. Learn the game.
Learn the game? Hahahaha.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:10 PM   #157
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Great win by the cats. Was a great game to be at.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #158
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Learn the game? Hahahaha.
I was probably a bit out of line with that comment but JJ is playing his ass off. I really don't want to spend another year reading how Coach is misusing his players.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #159
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Something else I haven't really seen brought up yet is how much Cumberland improved on his three point shooting. I know Cronin can't develop guys and can't teach them to learn to shoot an all that.

But Cumberland shot 33.9% last year and didn't have the prettyist shot. This year he has definitely added some arc and is hitting at a nearly 10% higher rate at 43.2%. That's a big jump especially considering he is taking more difficult threes as he is usually the guy with the ball at the end of the shot clock this year.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:17 PM   #160
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Waite is right. You're not going to get in when the starting PG is playing with that assist to TO ratio.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote