Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-08-2018, 04:18 PM   #161
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
The development of Tre Scott has been fascinating to me. His post moves and jump shot(along with the FT shooting) has been so much improved.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #162
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Watching Mississippi st against Clemson. They are up 11 with 15 minutes then play. They have hit 13 3's to this point.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #163
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesFoxMorrisey View Post
The development of Tre Scott has been fascinating to me. His post moves and jump shot(along with the FT shooting) has been so much improved.
10 points with 10 boards today.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #164
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Snapper View Post
He is shooting 46% from three point range, has a nearly 8:1 assist to turnover ratio, and is playing the best defense of his career. I think Logan Johnson is going to be really good, but I can't see how you take minutes away from Jenifer right now. There is a better argument for taking minutes away from Broome, who hasn't made a 3 since Arkansas-Pine Bluff, sulks on defense when his shot isn't falling, and seems to forget he has teammates at times. That said, he is also capable of exploding at any time and carrying the team on offense, a quality shared only by Cumberland on this team. You have to live with Bad Cane in order to get Good Cane, and I don't think Johnson brings enough right now to give up a chance at seeing Good Cane.
Agreed. We need to give Johnson minutes because it looks like he will be starting next year (barring a grad transfer PG or an off lineup with Cumberland starting at PG). Johnson clearly has the ability to be a star. But he is still a freshman and it shows, especially in big games. There will be plenty of opportunity to get Johnson minutes this year. But in our biggest games he will be on the bench for most of the game and that is okay.

We have a solid 7 man rotation for big games (Broome, Jenifer, Williams, Cumberland, Scott, Brooks and Nsoseme) of guys who won't make mistakes and Moore is borderline. Johnson, Diarra and Frederick's need to show more consistent mistake free play in the easier games to get minutes in the big games.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #165
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I’m a HUGE Logan Johnson fan. He is going to be an amazing Bearcat. Mick has not played him enough.

That said - he didn’t have any business playing in that game today. It was his turn to watch and learn. I would have liked him to see maybe 2-3 meaningful minutes, but in a game like this, the less talented senior that makes few mistakes needs to play.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #166
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Agreed. We need to give Johnson minutes because it looks like he will be starting next year (barring a grad transfer PG or an off lineup with Cumberland starting at PG). Johnson clearly has the ability to be a star. But he is still a freshman and it shows, especially in big games. There will be plenty of opportunity to get Johnson minutes this year. But in our biggest games he will be on the bench for most of the game and that is okay.

We have a solid 7 man rotation for big games (Broome, Jenifer, Williams, Cumberland, Scott, Brooks and Nsoseme) of guys who won't make mistakes and Moore is borderline. Johnson, Diarra and Frederick's need to show more consistent mistake free play in the easier games to get minutes in the big games.
My observation of Fredericks game is he hasn't adjusted to the physicality of D-1 basketball yet. He has skills but things I think he got away with in JUCO won't play here. I think he will come around. It may be next year but he has talent.

I also think Moore would be better if we swung the ball a bit better which would give him some room and allow him to find a rthym

Last edited by WAITE HOYT 2; 12-08-2018 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #167
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I’m a HUGE Logan Johnson fan. He is going to be an amazing Bearcat. Mick has not played him enough.

That said - he didn’t have any business playing in that game today. It was his turn to watch and learn. I would have liked him to see maybe 2-3 meaningful minutes, but in a game like this, the less talented senior that makes few mistakes needs to play.
I share your opinion of Logan. He is going to be really good but right now he is on the learning curve. Cronin mentioned in post game that he was very tight this week in practice. Possibly feeling the pressure of a big game.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #168
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

Jumped to 27 in Ken Pom rankings.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:43 PM   #169
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
My observation of Fredericks game is he hasn't adjusted to the physicality of D-1 basketball yet. He has skills but things I think he got away with in JUCO won't play here. I think he will come around. It may be next year but he has talent.

I also think Moore would be better if we swung the ball a bit better which would give him some room and allow him to find a rthym
Hopefully Frederick's does come around. We could really used a backup at the 4 as Scott is getting a ton of minutes in every big game. I noticed in tonights game Fredericks went in as a sub for Scott, then made a couple mistakes and quickly got pulled and replaced by Moore.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:47 PM   #170
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I share your opinion of Logan. He is going to be really good but right now he is on the learning curve. Cronin mentioned in post game that he was very tight this week in practice. Possibly feeling the pressure of a big game.
Yup, very few freshmen are ready for a game like that. Have to watch and learn. Good learning experience for him. He can win it for us next year.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote