Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #181
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Huggs best team, #1 in the country lost to X.
Starting to notice a theme.

"You better answer my texts or your banned."-Thegreatone
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM   #182
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
That is why this is one of the best rivalry games in the country. Regardless of ranking, either team can win.
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #183
Butterfly

Butterfly is on a distinguished road
Honestly, they benefit more than we do.
I see no reason to keep it going. Tradition, by itself, is a stupid justification. There have been incidents, multiple years in a row. They don't pull players when they throw punches, they won't come down on anyone unless the A-10 forces them, their fans are spoiled, suburbanite, zima drinking, civic driving, shit stains, who chant "F UC" through the national anthem.
It's the one sport they have, let them play someone else for relevance.
It's tired.

What happens when we have a fight with them, that takes away key players through conference play?
What happens, when we have a fight with them that results in someone actually suffering permanent injury? What if one of the kids gets arrested?
For what? Some stupid series, that most new students at UC, don't even care about?
With football's rise to relevance, do most students even know the history of this game? Do they even care?

Their administration is clinically retarded.
Bad enough they suggested their students have some sort of positive thinking, pow-wow; they recanted at the students request.
Some real leadership there...
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #184
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
I see no reason to keep it going. Tradition, by itself, is a stupid justification. There have been incidents, multiple years in a row. They don't pull players when they throw punches, they won't come down on anyone unless the A-10 forces them, their fans are spoiled, suburbanite, zima drinking, civic driving, shit stains, who chant "F UC" through the national anthem.
It's tired.

What happens when we have a fight with them, that takes away key players through conference play?
What happens, when we have a fight with them that results in someone actually suffering permanent injury? What if one of the kids gets arrested?
For what? Some stupid series, that most new students at UC, don't even care about?
With football's rise to relevance, do most students even know the history of this game? Do they even care?

Bad enough they suggested their students have some sort of positive thinking, pow-wow; they recanted at the students request.
Re-posted for its pure awesomeness.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #185
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
It's tired.

What I find very interesting is we are getting to the point where UC fans are 50/50 if they want to play the game.

I dont think I have seen 1 Xavier fan suggest cancelling it.

I really dont care what they think. I think the previous 3-4 seasons of putting up with really bad behavior (both sides) is getting really old. I think you suspend the game for a couple of years and perhaps try to pick it back up in 3 or 4 years.

Pretty sure VT and WVU stopped playing once VT went to ACC because the rivalry had gotten too out of hand.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #186
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

It's really interesting to me to see so many UC fans not want to play Xavier. I think it is no coincidence that Xavier has been dominating the series the last 15 years or so. If UC had won it's fair share of games, and didn't just get shelacked by X, no UC fans would want to cancel the series.

I think it's been a while since UC has been the dominating team in the series, and it's not fun for UC fans any more, because they aren't winning. It's really pretty simple.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:17 PM   #187
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
It's really interesting to me to see so many UC fans not want to play Xavier. I think it is no coincidence that Xavier has been dominating the series the last 15 years or so. If UC had won it's fair share of games, and didn't just get shelacked by X, no UC fans would want to cancel the series.

I think it's been a while since UC has been the dominating team in the series, and it's not fun for UC fans any more, because they aren't winning. It's really pretty simple.
XU is being replaced by UC with a home and home with Indiana.

Wins and losses have nothing to do with UC dumping X, as a wise man during the 1992 Presidential Campaign once said, "it is the brawl stupid". UC does not want to be associated with a team that is a "locker room full of gangstas" as Tu Holloway put it. UC is "zipping up" XU.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #188
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

We all know that's what you think, since you post some permutation of that thought in every thread on this board. I can't speak for all Bearcats fans, but I can tell you I don't care if UC plays Xavier, and it is absolutely a coincidence that Xavier has been dominating for the past 15 years. It wasn't fun when we were winning because we were supposed to, and it isn't fun now that we're not winning because we're not supposed to. It's a no-win situation for us in pretty much the same way tO$U playing UC in football is for them.

All that being said, me being a UC football fan I want us to play tO$U regularly because I think we can play with them. But there's really nothing in it for them. If we win it's an upset. If they win it's status quo. So I understand how you feel being a Xavier fan and all, but don't mistake our fans logically approaching the lose-lose nature of this game as "I'm taking my ball and going home."
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #189
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrock View Post
All that being said, me being a UC football fan I want us to play tO$U regularly because I think we can play with them. But there's really nothing in it for them. If we win it's an upset. If they win it's status quo. So I understand how you feel being a Xavier fan and all, but don't mistake our fans logically approaching the lose-lose nature of this game as "I'm taking my ball and going home."
How is this a lose- lose for UC? Xavier has been the superior program as of late, anyone with a brain would tell you that.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #190
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

UC fans had the same reaction to Hawaii football after that brawl. It has nothing to do with wins and loses.

Dont think I dont love beating X and hate losing to them. I do. It is a huge game.

I dont think their fans or players can handle it, and yes, I am bias.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote