Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #221
User Name:

User Name: is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Koch as an article about UC vs UK in the SEC/Big East challenge today, game to be played in Cincinnati. It is nothing more than a what might happen piece, ESPN decides who plays who, ESPN has the only vote in the matter.

With these rumors circulating about UK and IU games for UC it means X is off the schedule.
I disagree. The UK vs UC series is very low probability. We are one out of six BE teams that are candidates for that game.

As for IU, I hope that happens but I read somewhere they are close to finalizing a series with UL.

With the X game being at home next year, along with X having a pretty bad team, I would imagine it will be the last game for awhile (unless both parties agree to a neutral site).

So UC destroys X next year and then ends the series. That's fine with me
User Name: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #222
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Koch as an article about UC vs UK in the SEC/Big East challenge today, game to be played in Cincinnati. It is nothing more than a what might happen piece, ESPN decides who plays who, ESPN has the only vote in the matter.

With these rumors circulating about UK and IU games for UC it means X is off the schedule.
People starting rumors about other teams means X is off the schedule? Seems like a stretch to me.

I would put a UK game at about 20% chance right now and IU about the same. Even if UK were to happen, that would be a 1 time game and it would mean nothing in future years. I would like to see a series with any of UK, IU, OSU, Purdue, etc like the rest of you, but I'm not holding my breath.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #223
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
I disagree. The UK vs UC series is very low probability. We are one out of six BE teams that are candidates for that game.

As for IU, I hope that happens but I read somewhere they are close to finalizing a series with UL.

With the X game being at home next year, along with X having a pretty bad team, I would imagine it will be the last game for awhile (unless both parties agree to a neutral site).

So UC destroys X next year and then ends the series. That's fine with me
The odds of playing are much better than you think. It makes a ton of sense. Only other game to worry about is Cuse getting UK at the dome but I think the Big East might throw UC this one.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #224
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
The odds of playing are much better than you think. It makes a ton of sense. Only other game to worry about is Cuse getting UK at the dome but I think the Big East might throw UC this one.
I'm pretty sure Cuse is a road team this year. The potential best match ups for UK are UC, Georgetown, ND, or Pitt. All are home teams this year. ESPN has the final say.

I'd love for it to happen too as it would be a win/win. We could lose by 10 and the RPI would see it as a huge success!

Last edited by Bearcat04; 05-09-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #225
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
You are right. Thanks for clearing it up. Cincy at US Bank makes too much sense
Old 05-09-2012, 09:14 AM   #226
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually, new for BE/SEC challenge for last year I think, is that all the games will be played at the home arenas. So it won't be at US Bank, it will be at 5/3 (whoever we play).
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM   #227
ucswais

ucswais is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If I'm ESPN, tell me why UC makes more sense than GTown, ND, or Pitt.

Mick's quotes sounded to me like he's already expecting to get the short end here. We probably have as much current pull as anyone if the BE were calling the shots. Unfortunately, we have basically 0 leverage with ESPN and are probably a smaller brand than the other choices. Certainly smaller than ND.
ucswais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #228
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Here is why:

Cincinnati made it further than any of those teams last year and are projected to be ranked in the top 20 next year.

Add that the regional interest would be off the charts.

ND is going to be down next year now that Martin and Tim A are not coming back.

Gtown will be solid and I could see them getting the game.

Pitt was down last year and Big East would push against having Pitt play sense they are leaving.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #229
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Here is why:

Cincinnati made it further than any of those teams last year and are projected to be ranked in the top 20 next year.

Add that the regional interest would be off the charts.

ND is going to be down next year now that Martin and Tim A are not coming back.

Gtown will be solid and I could see them getting the game.

Pitt was down last year and Big East would push against having Pitt play sense they are leaving.
Is Abromitis trying to get a medical redshirt for last year so he can play this year or is he just hanging it up?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #230
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by david aka the TYZ View Post
Is Abromitis trying to get a medical redshirt for last year so he can play this year or is he just hanging it up?
He was denied.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote