Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #1041
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obekpa For President NYC View Post
3. I respect what you guys did last year, but please...the last time you guys won, my mother wasn't even alive and it was 25 years before I was even a sperm. Yes the 2 rings still count, but relax...Cincy is not a powerhouse by any means. They are a solid, good but not great team borderline top 25 even in successful years. Cincy is never mistaken for Nova, Cuse, or G'Town.
Okay, I am one of the most open minded civil people on here but this is funny above. Those 3 schools have a total of ONE more championship combined than Cincy does. Add St. Johns to that list and the number is still ONE. We have a very rich tradition for Basketball, as does St. Johns. We are among the top 10 or 15 winning programs of all time. We had some down time recently and in the 80's, but we have a right to boast ourselves.

Edit:
We are number 11 according to this NBC sports article, right behind Syracuse and UCONN. St. Johns is 19, Villanova is 13 and G'town 16.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/281165...ge_basketball/

Fortune Favors the Bold

Last edited by Cpaw; 06-05-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #1042
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
[quote=Thegreatone;49979][quote=Thegreatone;49978]
Quote:
1. Why is it that every SJU fan is banned on here? It appears the Cincy board is North Korea 2.0. What good is a board with 1 point of view and only 1 perspective? That is weak sauce, Cincy...very weak.

2. I don't understand why you guys think you have the rights to Obekpa. You do realize he went to HS on Long Island which is the NYC suburbs only 40 miles from SJU right? His friend is already on the team also. I'm sure his family really prefers to drive 45 minutes instead of 12 hours to see him play. There is also much more exposure for an NYC based team even with Cincy making the sweet 16 last year...the markets aren't even close nor is the hype. This likely has much more to do with his recent trend towards SJ than you guys thought.

3. I respect what you guys did last year, but please...the last time you guys won, my mother wasn't even alive and it was 25 years before I was even a sperm. Yes the 2 rings still count, but relax...Cincy is not a powerhouse by any means. They are a solid, good but not great team borderline top 25 even in successful years. Cincy is never mistaken for Nova, Cuse, or G'Town.

4. Either way no matter what happens I think this is getting ridiculous with this kid...he needs to make a decision already. If he goes to Cincy then good luck for you guys. If he comes to NYC then even better. But the whole thing is so messy.

5. Stop banning people for having different views. That is the most childish thing a moderator can do in a FORUM. A forum is supposed to encourage differing ideas and opinions. And stop calling NYC an "armpit". We have a world class, globally known city that is the biggest in the US and most well-known. You guys know it deep down...trust me I know. Stop being such homers and just relax and let's see how this all unfolds.
You must be new. I get hammered for allowing opposing fans post on here too much. I am thrilled you mention this.

Understand I will ban people who have 3 posts to this site that stir the pot that have no idea what they are talking about and are clearly just trying to get a rise.

If you stay around the leash will be longer.

Ask Kcourt.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #1043
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
1. Why is it that every SJU fan is banned on here? It appears the Cincy board is North Korea 2.0. What good is a board with 1 point of view and only 1 perspective? That is weak sauce, Cincy...very weak.

2. I don't understand why you guys think you have the rights to Obekpa. You do realize he went to HS on Long Island which is the NYC suburbs only 40 miles from SJU right? His friend is already on the team also. I'm sure his family really prefers to drive 45 minutes instead of 12 hours to see him play. There is also much more exposure for an NYC based team even with Cincy making the sweet 16 last year...the markets aren't even close nor is the hype. This likely has much more to do with his recent trend towards SJ than you guys thought.

4. Either way no matter what happens I think this is getting ridiculous with this kid...he needs to make a decision already. If he goes to Cincy then good luck for you guys. If he comes to NYC then even better. But the whole thing is so messy.

5. Stop banning people for having different views. That is the most childish thing a moderator can do in a FORUM. A forum is supposed to encourage differing ideas and opinions. And stop calling NYC an "armpit". We have a world class, globally known city that is the biggest in the US and most well-known. You guys know it deep down...trust me I know. Stop being such homers and just relax and let's see how this all unfolds.

Why would we? Gtown and Nova dont have the tradition.

Cuse has been much better recently but historically they arent all that different.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #1044
Doodie

Doodie is on a distinguished road
Is there anyone else cronin is looking at? possible backup plan?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:31 PM   #1045
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Though I have never been there, I would argue that NYC is perhaps the greatest city in the world, so you'll find no argument from me there. My understanding is that the richness and breadth of culture from around the globe that resides in NYC is second to none.

Now that we've gotten the agreeing part of our statements out of the way, let's get to the disagreement. Are forums for discussing differing ideas and opinions? Absolutely, and it's really these differences that bring a place to life. I like to think of this place as a virtual pub where people can come to speak their mind and be civil. Sometimes it degenerates into a barroom brawl, but that's not the norm. With this analogy in mind, when 3-4 new guys come into the bar and 1 or 2 of those guys harass the regulars, it should be obvious where the moderators' loyalties lie. The couple of guys that are getting along with the crowd are cool to stay as long as they like. The couple of guys that are insulting and dickish have to go (btw the other guys' bans are temporary; they're welcome to come back when they expire).
Old 06-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #1046
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC baller View Post
The best way to combat foolishness is to not respond. You know what they say about arguing with fools right?
perhaps, but you asked the question, i just gave you the answer.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #1047
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post

You must be new. I get hammered for allowing opposing fans post on here too much. I am thrilled you mention this.

Understand I will ban people who have 3 posts to this site that stir the pot that have no idea what they are talking about and are clearly just trying to get a rise.

If you stay around the leash will be longer.

Ask Kcourt.
he isn't new, he just got banned as has been reincarnated under a different name.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #1048
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I'm sure his family really prefers to drive 45 minutes instead of 12 hours to see him play.
His family lives in NIGERIA, not Long Island. He does have a brother in Atlanta, and Cincinnati is much closer to him. Nice try. Swing and a miss...
Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #1049
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC baller View Post
I agree. Another year might have been better for Harkless. Kid is projected as a top 20 pick though. He is doing what's best for his family so hard to knock him. St john's added some nice pieces in this recruiting class and should be better. Heck we couldn't be worse anyway. Looking forward to some good games vs the Bearcats this year. Should be a exciting season for both teams.
I don't mean to criticize Harkless for leaving. Wanting to help his family and even just the lure of the NBA would lead most to that same decision.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #1050
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Uc is a much much better program than sj.

I'd be shocked if he chose to play for one of the bottom feeders of the league over uc
Closed Thread