Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > More Bearcat Sports > Bearcat Baseball

Old 06-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
catsfan4life

catsfan4life is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Cats in the Classroom

I was recently at the 2012 Graduation at UC, I was really surprised to see no basketballers walk across that stage. Good work Yancy and Dion. Communications major my ass.
catsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:10 PM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan4life View Post
I was recently at the 2012 Graduation at UC, I was really surprised to see no basketballers walk across that stage. Good work Yancy and Dion. Communications major my ass.
Lighten up dude. I am sure they are working out for the draft.

Last edited by JasonS; 06-16-2012 at 11:13 PM.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsfan4life View Post
I doesnt bother me one bit if players do not graduate. I am a fan of the athletic teams at Cincy. I really do not care on the graduation rates at UC in general. I think it is a shame that they havent gotten the job done despite having a ton of advantages but if they do not want a degree then its on them.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
I doesnt bother me one bit if players do not graduate. I am a fan of the athletic teams at Cincy. I really do not care on the graduation rates at UC in general. I think it is a shame that they havent gotten the job done despite having a ton of advantages but if they do not want a degree then its on them.
It does bother me if they don't graduate. That being said, take it from a UC alumnus when I say you don't have to walk across the stage either at the University commencement or your smaller college's commencement to get your degree. I didn't even go to the larger commencement when I graduated.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I simply could care less. If student athletes choose to not take advantage of all the opportunities that are thrown in front of them so be it. It effects my life none.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Sure it does. You're a UC fan. UC scholarship limits are set by APR ratings. If players do not graduate within a allowable time (not 4 years) we lose APR points which can lead to a scholarship reduction or in UConn's case, a postseason ban.

If you want more details, on how this matters ask me.

To the OP just because they didn't walk the stage doesn't mean they didn't graduate.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:09 AM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I seem to recall reading a statement from Mick that said one or both of them were very close to finishing up and would do so soon and yes that they were working out for the draft.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #8
martin407

martin407 is on a distinguished road
Your clarity leaves me wanting to know more.
martin407 is offline   Reply With Quote