Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #91
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
If he is innocent, I would expect to see a lawsuit against XU from his camp. I have to believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle between her story and his.
I agree. And I don't think we'll see a lawsuit....Just a guess though.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #92
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If he is innocent, I would expect to see a lawsuit against XU from his camp. I have to believe the truth lies somewhere in the middle between her story and his.
Would there be any true grounds to sue? A private university can expel a student even if they didn't commit a crime. A lawsuit seems like a waste of time and money.

Ultimately, Xavier can't offer a comment on this with any substance because of privacy laws. But why would they want to run off their best player and create more bad headlines if there was truly nothing there? I'm not saying their process is fair, but I fail to see their motive to throw Dez under the bus for no reason (especially when we are talking about a university that has quite an extensive history of covering stuff up....allegedly).

Dez's lawyer (along with Deters and Cunningham and what seems to be others in the Xavier athletic department) seem to be on a PR crusade against the administration because they are upset they are losing their best player. And Xavier can't respond publicly. Maybe Xavier was totally unfair to Dez, but I fail to see the motivation to be that way, and Dez will be fine either way. Xaiver basketball probably won't be though. The program has been getting worse and worse under Mack since he took over. This seems like its going to expedite that process.

Last edited by Not Guilty; 08-28-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #93
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Innocent of criminal wrong doing has nothing to do with Wells expulsion. He was expelled for violating XU's Code of Student Conduct. 2 seasons ago, on their way to a Final 4, BYU sent their second best player packing for having consensual premarital sex which was a violation of the BYU Code of Student Conduct, not a criminal offense.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #94
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
Innocent of criminal wrong doing has nothing to do with Wells expulsion. He was expelled for violating XU's Code of Student Conduct. 2 seasons ago, on their way to a Final 4, BYU sent their second best player packing for having consensual premarital sex which was a violation of the BYU Code of Student Conduct, not a criminal offense.
Congrats Ralphy. The Legend himself couldnt have stated this any better. Xavier can do whatever they want.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:46 PM   #95
more cowbell

more cowbell is on a distinguished road
Willie Cunningham has been releasing more details. Involves a condom, or lack thereof. Definitely a sticky situation.
more cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #96
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by more cowbell View Post
Willie Cunningham has been releasing more details. Involves a condom, or lack thereof. Definitely a sticky situation.
I see what you did there
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #97
more cowbell

But did you appreciate it?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM   #98
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

But did you appreciate it?
Finally you realize Xavier is a horrible university sweeping things under the rug and that their basketball program is dead

Will you finally admit mick Cronin is ten times the coach Chris Mack is?
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #99
more cowbell

I congratulate Mick for having a good year last year, but I think Mack is the better coach. That is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #100
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I congratulate Mick for having a good year last year, but I think Mack is the better coach. That is my opinion and you are entitled to yours.
Spoken like a true Muskequeer fan. Based on what? He's done nothing that impressed me so far, with his recruiting or his coaching. He was using strictly Sean Miller recruits before, let's see what he does this year with only "his guys" (except for Radford). I really think Mack will be looking for another job after this next season. But just my opinion.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote