Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Riley Cooper was going against UC's defense.

Joe Haden didnt cover Mardy and that is a fact. He gaurded Armon Binns (who did score on him).

Your a Florida blow hard and that is cool cause I am the same way with UC. Mardy did dominate average talent.

He aso dominated Oklahoma and Va Tech when we played them.

Not everyone needs to come from SEC country. Look at the top recievers out there. Marshall, TO, Chad, Randy, Santana Moss....

I am not saying Mardy is that type of player. I am saying Riley Cooper benefited from where he played and who he played with.

Mardy is about as slippery as they come and could do very very well verse nickel back and #2's. Not to mention he is good for 2 returns in the kicking game. He gets it. He got locked up when Florida refused to let him beat them.

Cooper over Mardy would be insane to every GM in the draft.

This is also coming from a guy who says Snead should go over Pike. You drunk??? When they were at the combine it was a absolute joke to compare those two. Again, just cause one was in the SEC doesn't mean all that much. Tony makes throws Snead could only dream of. (Not saying Tony will be great but I know he is waay better than Snead.)

Binns had 29 yards.. And Im believe his score was not on haden, could be wrong. Meaningless.

This has NOTHING to do with the SEC. Ill take a bigger more physical WR over a short quick guy for the Bengals. Riley Cooper is a better blocker thats not even arguable. I would claim he has better hands as well.

Cooper played in the big time, Mardy didnt. Bubble screens dont work in the NFL. Toughness does.

WHen did i say Snead over pike, but i will now? I simply stated I wouldnt mind having the bengals pick up a back up Qb. Snead would be perfect. Would I take Snead over Pike? Yes.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM   #22
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
LL can have Riley Cooper. I'll take Mardy over him any day of the week. I want a versatile receiver not someone who will only be able to block at the next level. There is a reason why Cooper may not even get drafted.
There is also a reason UC is not florida.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #23
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Jevan Snead is a walking interception. No thank you.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #24
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
There is also a reason UC is not florida.
Great comeback. Think that one up all by yourself?
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #25
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

All im saying is to take Mardy early on is not wise. We can get a equal WR later on in the draft. I enjoy watching mardy play, hes fun to watch and he is a great person who has worked hard to get where he is. Best of luck to him and his future, I just dont think it fits.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:31 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
All im saying is to take Mardy early on is not wise. We can get a equal WR later on in the draft. I enjoy watching mardy play, hes fun to watch and he is a great person who has worked hard to get where he is. Best of luck to him and his future, I just dont think it fits.
Fair enough. I disagree mainly because I don't think you can get an equal WR with his return skills later in the draft. The most frustrating thing to me as a Bengals fan is the lack of a PR or KR threat. It seems like the team constantly had to go 80 yards or more for 6 points. Having a guy on the roster just for returns is a wasted spot since you only have 53 roster spots and only 45 active for game days. Mardy can give you a receiver and return guy in one roster spot. I am not sold on Quan Cosby being that guy.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #27
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Binns had 29 yards.. And Im believe his score was not on haden, could be wrong. Meaningless.

This has NOTHING to do with the SEC. Ill take a bigger more physical WR over a short quick guy for the Bengals. Riley Cooper is a better blocker thats not even arguable. I would claim he has better hands as well.

Cooper played in the big time, Mardy didnt. Bubble screens dont work in the NFL. Toughness does.

WHen did i say Snead over pike, but i will now? I simply stated I wouldnt mind having the bengals pick up a back up Qb. Snead would be perfect. Would I take Snead over Pike? Yes.
1. His touchdown was on Haden but obviously Florida's D was too good for UC offense. I think UC would have played better without all the distractions and having your head coach bail out before the biggest game in school history but lets me real, UF is awesome.

2. Your only legit claim is that the Bengals have turned more into a power offense and that is not mardy's game. I would argue that Pittsburgh is a power team and Holmes (many compare Mardy to Holmes) worked out well there.

3. Snead is awful and shouldn't be drafted at all. I have no clue how well Tony will do but I know Tony can make NFL throws. My question is can he take NFL hits... I dont know. Pike is waay better then Snead.

Callaros is better than Snead.
Munchie Leaguex is better than Snead.
Snead would be 3rd string on the Commando's and that is a fact.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #28
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

Dunlap.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:59 PM   #29
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Great Pick
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #30
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Dunlap has that lazy tag. I thought Shipley was a perfect pick (sorry Mardy)