Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Community Clubhouse > Cronin's Corner

Old 05-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
NBA playoffs.

After a complete let down with Denver, I have serious concerns that the Lakers have a chance to win the Title. Nothing in my life could be worse than volume shooter getting his 2nd ring.

Take your pick.. Ima go Orlando in a hopeful yet far stretch.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Really, I wouldn't be too upset with Suns or Lakers winning it all. I like Steve Nash and the suns, but at the same point I like Kobe. I also wouldn't mind Orlando winning it. I do not want, or think that the Cavs will win it this year. Lebron James is a great athlete, best in the world, but I don't think he is as good of a basketball player as Kobe is, if that makes any sense to you all. Doesn't mean I don't think he can get there, I just don't think he is there just yet.

Having said all that, I'm not betting against the Lakers. I think they are just too big for anyone. I don't think that the Suns will be able to stop the Lakers inside game, and I think that the Lakers will stop Dwight Howard, or at least get him in foul trouble.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Really, I wouldn't be too upset with Suns or Lakers winning it all. I like Steve Nash and the suns, but at the same point I like Kobe. I also wouldn't mind Orlando winning it. I do not want, or think that the Cavs will win it this year. Lebron James is a great athlete, best in the world, but I don't think he is as good of a basketball player as Kobe is, if that makes any sense to you all. Doesn't mean I don't think he can get there, I just don't think he is there just yet.

Having said all that, I'm not betting against the Lakers. I think they are just too big for anyone. I don't think that the Suns will be able to stop the Lakers inside game, and I think that the Lakers will stop Dwight Howard, or at least get him in foul trouble.
I think you are nuts if you think LeBron is not as good a basketball player as Kobe. Kobe is a scorer and that is it. Every once in a while he will fill up a stat sheet and even less often he will have 10 assists in a game. LeBron is the complete player. He can handle the ball like a PG, rebound the ball like a PF and score as well as any SG/SF in the league. He can guard any position on the floor and is never in a mismatch situation on a switch. He is the best off the ball defender in the league and has turned into an excellent on ball defender too. His athleticism is not rivaled. Kobe gets credit for being such a great closer, but if you look at the numbers, LeBron James actually succeeded in those situations at a higher rate than Kobe. LeBron James is the best all around basketball player the NBA has seen since Oscar (and one could argue he is better because of better overall talent in the league now). Kobe has had the better career so far and that is not debatable. LeBron needs to get a couple rings to surpass him. Kobe has had the better career at this point but LeBron is the better player right now.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #4
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post

Now that I got the LeBron James thing off my chest, I am going to respond to the last part of your statement. I think you are right about the Lakers' size. The only team I can see giving them an issue is the Cavs. They have 3 7 footers themselves and can play Verajao (sp?) and Shaq/Z together if needed. I think Jamison can match up ok with Odom. The Cavs would have the edge at the PG and SF spots. I think the Lakers would have the edge at the SG (obviously) and C spots. The entire key to the series could be Odom vs. Jamison. I think the Cavs can get by Orlando because of their versatility this year (assuming they beat the C's which I think they will) and I don't see any way the Suns beat the Lakers. I think the most fun series to see would be Cavs - Suns and the most boring would be Lakers - Orlando.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
After a complete let down with Denver, I have serious concerns that the Lakers have a chance to win the Title. Nothing in my life could be worse than volume shooter getting his 2nd ring.

Take your pick.. Ima go Orlando in a hopeful yet far stretch.
5th ring.

They dont win those first 3 without him
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
5th ring.

They dont win those first 3 without him
Yes they do. Shaq was the best in the game. Big shot bob. Thats all they needed. Volume shooter was a young buck who constantly threw up bad shots and played against their offense. Shaq, won every championship MVP for a reason.

The lakers best asset this year is not Kobe, its the 9 7 footers they have. If im playing the Lakers im running my mouth to Ron gettin him to throw a punch or two, then letting him take shots all day. Dude is one of the most overrated players in the league.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Yes they do. Shaq was the best in the game. Big shot bob. Thats all they needed. Volume shooter was a young buck who constantly threw up bad shots and played against their offense. Shaq, won every championship MVP for a reason.

The lakers best asset this year is not Kobe, its the 9 7 footers they have. If im playing the Lakers im running my mouth to Ron gettin him to throw a punch or two, then letting him take shots all day. Dude is one of the most overrated players in the league.
You so biased its unbearable. Shaq was the main factor... no doubt but without kobe they don't win. He opened up tons for Shaq. I love horry (spurs horry) but he was a role player and you know it.

Pippen got any rings to you then? MJ needed Pippen and vice versa.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Volume shooter? This season he averaged just a bit more then half a shot a game then Lebron James did. Are you going to start calling Lebron a volume shooter? That's such a horrible argument. Of course the best player on the court will shoot the most shots. Get your head outa your a$$
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
Thegreatone
Epic Member

And K-Court just got repped....

You like my sig??
Old 05-10-2010, 01:35 PM   #10
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Oh wow.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote