Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
OT - Dez Wells

Wells has been kicked off the team and expelled from Xavier. More details to follow. Should be a really fun season for them with 5 new starters.....
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
@rickbozich
Mark Lyons. Dez Wells. Tu Holloway. Quite a proud tradition Xavier basketball is building.
Best returning player is now Travis Taylor... wow!
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
bearcat18
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat04 View Post
Best returning player is now Travis Taylor... wow!
They have now lost 78% of their scoring and 63% of their rebounding from last year.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Do they have any shot at being .500 now? He was really they're only player returning with any ability. Our game with them should be an absolute slaughter. Can you imagine if that game was at the shoe?
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Funny, another thread about Xavier but this time there is no Xavier fan to be found. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Do they have any shot at being .500 now? He was really they're only player returning with any ability. Our game with them should be an absolute slaughter. Can you imagine if that game was at the shoe?
When we beat the crap out of them, it will still be a huge drag on our rpi. No way they win 10 games this year let alone .500
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #7
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatMick View Post
When we beat the crap out of them, it will still be a huge drag on our rpi. No way they win 10 games this year let alone .500
X will still finish above .500... though I don't expect them to make the tourney, or win the A-10.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
2 of their 4 prep school recruits will probably fail to qualify.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:02 PM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Guys I hate X but I don't find pleasure in this. Word is it's of sexual nature and no charges have been filed. There is a victim here and a young man that needs some serious help. They failed to see the warning signs and recruited poor character guys and they are paying the price.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #10
bearcat18
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Guys I hate X but I don't find pleasure in this. Word is it's of sexual nature and no charges have been filed. There is a victim here and a young man that needs some serious help. They failed to see the warning signs and recruited poor character guys and they are paying the price.
That's the part that's enjoyable, Jeff. Nobody here is taking pleasure that a girl got sexually assaulted. I hope she is able to recover fully and I hope Dez can land on his feet somewhere eventually.

Xavier took a couple chances years back with Anderson, Crawford, Lavender, etc. They won some games, made some tournament runs, and continued to recruit the same kids. People on the forums have been waiting for this moment to happen, along with the comments from the brawl. It's all karma.

When seemingly every kid on your roster is from prep school or via transfer, you will have problems. Not saying every kid who goes to prep school or transfers is a trouble, but there is usually a reason they prep or transfer, whether it's attitude, academics, off court trouble, or just because. We've had some guys prep and they aren't bad kids by any means.

But how many times in the past couple years have they gotten a commitment and the first thought is "Good luck getting him eligible." Justin Martin, Michael Chandler, Sim Bhullar, and now Chris Thomas come to mind easily.

I'm glad we have Mick and don't have to put up with that BS regularly.