Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-30-2018, 06:08 AM   #631
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
He's been playing slow ball with Cronin for a couple years now. I'm guessing the speed of the NBA will take a year to kick in for him. I've been watching and when he gets floor time he's moving well. Just needs to feel that confidence again. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Yea that darn Cronin. LMAO!!!!
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #632
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
He's been playing slow ball with Cronin for a couple years now. I'm guessing the speed of the NBA will take a year to kick in for him. I've been watching and when he gets floor time he's moving well. Just needs to feel that confidence again. I'm sure he'll be fine.
Slow ball has nothing to do with it. The rockets love Gary Clark and played 4 years with Cronin.

Evans shot is broken. So much so that he isn’t even taking 3’s in games
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:21 AM   #633
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
They changed his shot and told him he needs more arc. The results have been really bad.

Not even attempting a 3 in 36 minutes of playing time on the season can't be what they're looking for.

Gary on the other hand has only attempted 3s. Gary was fantastic preseason shooting the ball and earned himself a couple minutes a game of PT.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:30 AM   #634
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Slow ball has nothing to do with it. The rockets love Gary Clark and played 4 years with Cronin.

Evans shot is broken. So much so that he isn’t even taking 3’s in games
Its so frustrating. Maybe he needs to go to the G League and master that then get called up because right now its embarrassing.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:08 PM   #635
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Clark doing work in their game today.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:20 AM   #636
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Gary really is the man. Could have easily been a 20 ppg scorer here if we had decided to not make him 4th on the team in fg attempts. He's really the guy we should have hitched the wagon to.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:04 PM   #637
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Gary really is the man. Could have easily been a 20 ppg scorer here if we had decided to not make him 4th on the team in fg attempts. He's really the guy we should have hitched the wagon to.
Most of that is on Gary. We ran the ball through him plenty. He touched it every possession. He took too much time with the ball and often waited on the double team to pass it to an open player. Whereas I'm not knocking Gary here, Cronin made it an emphasis that he touched it early in every possession. He kept Jenifer at point or Evans to intentionally slow the offense down to pass it into Gary much to the chagrin of many fans. Cane was kept off the floor intentionally I think to run this offense. Gary's numbers being lower were completely on him imo. Cronin begged Gary (and only Gary) to do more all season.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:05 PM   #638
cincrulz11
Epic Member

yeah yeah its the players fault, just like it was caupains fault he walked the ball up every possession.

then they move on and look like completely different players.

and we look the same.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:35 PM   #639
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
yeah yeah its the players fault, just like it was caupains fault he walked the ball up every possession.

then they move on and look like completely different players.

and we look the same.
I never said it was Caupains fault he walked the ball up the court. Dude loved to put his shoulder down and drive so I never thought he was a player looking to slow a game down. That is clearly Mick's system. But everything I did say about Clark was spot on. You suggest Mick kept him from scoring 20 a night and I'll ask you how that is if he was the focal point of the offense and every possession the team was supposed to pass it in to him. How he actually briefly got benched one game for not shooting, when he would continually and continually urge Clark to be quicker with the ball and not wait for the double team to pass the ball out. If you want to suggest Mick shouldve used him more as a three and kept him on the perimeter (like Bulldog did two years ago to everyone's disliking) so he could shoot more then that's an argument I could listen to. I wouldnt agree but I'd hear it out and understand. But he was 100 percent the focal point for our offense last year for the most part. There were times when mismatches could be exploited with Washington and then he was more the preferred big man option, but Mick runs a slow, deliberate offense that focuses on getting his big men the ball down low for them to either score or kick out. And Gary he trusted more so than any player but maybe SK, so tell me how Mick was the one that kept Gary from scoring 20 a game?
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:58 PM   #640
cincrulz11
Epic Member

I wouldn't say use him as a 3, hes a perfect fit for how the 4 is played in basketball today. but we still play the old style of basketball.