Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-07-2020, 01:06 PM   #91
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I agree it definitely helped others get confidence and figure out their role more. But with this Jarron we aren't still on the bubble and needing to mostly win out to get it.
Oh I agree. That's why I said if they find a way to make the tournament.
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:21 PM   #92
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Just my opinion but I really noticed how frustrated Keith gets last night. Not just when he gets taken out but when he doesn't get touches. He is caught in a weird spot where he wants to take over and slash all game but obviously Jarron is the man.
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:48 PM   #93
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareBat View Post
Just my opinion but I really noticed how frustrated Keith gets last night. Not just when he gets taken out but when he doesn't get touches. He is caught in a weird spot where he wants to take over and slash all game but obviously Jarron is the man.

Keith wears his emotions on his sleeve a little too much. But that is a great problem to have, (not the emotions) He's gaining confidence, and until he starts forcing shots, which I don't think he will we will continue to gradually see the emotions fade away.

He was much worse "emotionally" during his tenure with Cronin. No shot against Cronin.

Brannen let's them all play through errors, and I think Brannen relies on Keith, in a way Keith has yet to understand. As hard as Keith goes, I've noticed Brannen giving him more rest to keep him fresh later in games. I wonder if Keith's efficiency has risen this year over last?....
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:08 PM   #94
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
I wonder if Keith's efficiency has risen this year over last?....
It's about the same, but his usage has gone up a bit. His player rating per Torvik has improved from 2.1 to 2.6.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:20 PM   #95
CareBat

CareBat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
It's about the same, but his usage has gone up a bit. His player rating per Torvik has improved from 2.1 to 2.6.
I think he takes a big leap next year but the whole team will have to adjust to life without Jarron.
CareBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 04:42 PM   #96
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
The only thing that concerns me about Brannen ball is making sure we peak early,

At NKU, in a one bid league, it didn’t matter what they did in the non conference. It was all about being the best team at the end of the year, which he did and is doing this year.

Going forward tho. We need to peak a little earlier so we aren’t playing our way on to the bubble so late.

As Keith, last night wAs one of the few games where Jarron and Keith both had high scoring games. Keith thrives when he is the primary option and next year he will be
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:07 PM   #97
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
The only thing that concerns me about Brannen ball is making sure we peak early,

At NKU, in a one bid league, it didn’t matter what they did in the non conference. It was all about being the best team at the end of the year, which he did and is doing this year.

Going forward tho. We need to peak a little earlier so we aren’t playing our way on to the bubble so late.

As Keith, last night wAs one of the few games where Jarron and Keith both had high scoring games. Keith thrives when he is the primary option and next year he will be
We aren’t going to have 10 guys trying to figure out a new system with new coaches.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 05:14 PM   #98
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

I always thought pitino was great at getting his teams rolling at the right time. His teams never impressed me at the beginning of the year, then you look up two months later and they are one of the hottest teams in the country. Most great coaches can do that. Not saying brannen is great but I would gladly give up a couple wins in November for wins in March.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:20 PM   #99
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I always thought pitino was great at getting his teams rolling at the right time. His teams never impressed me at the beginning of the year, then you look up two months later and they are one of the hottest teams in the country. Most great coaches can do that. Not saying brannen is great but I would gladly give up a couple wins in November for wins in March.
Sure.

Just need to get marquee wins in the non conference every year
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:33 PM   #100
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Sure.

Just need to get marquee wins in the non conference every year
The fact that it won’t be a coaching change with half the roster being new will help with that. You don’t need many marquee ooc wins to be honest. We’ve proved that over the years. 1 or two is fine.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-07-2020 at 06:40 PM.