Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2020, 05:18 AM   #81
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
This also goes to show you can score on the road. We were conditioned for years to think no one could score on the road and the only way we could win was to hold the other team to 50 points. It’s refreshing. If you constantly tell your team that won’t be able to score on the road, they will start to think that.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 06:41 AM   #82
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
This also goes to show you can score on the road. We were conditioned for years to think no one could score on the road and the only way we could win was to hold the other team to 50 points. It’s refreshing. If you constantly tell your team that won’t be able to score on the road, they will start to think that.

it is kinda nice knowing our 2 worst defensive performances on the season came on the road against 2 very good defenses and we won both those games.

brannen said he's still waiting for our first game where we play well on both sides. he said the defense was awful and he was really upset with the effort.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:32 AM   #83
Mort82

Mort82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
great win. Love the freedom Brannon gives the players, has to help their confidence and I think it’s been showing. Although it’s not like there are a bunch of options off the bench.
Totally agree with the freedom given. Yes, we took what might be considered some ill advised shots with the lead down the stretch, but that's what this team is. They're free to take those shots or can make a bad pass once in a while without having to worry about being pulled. Allows them to play with much more confidence.
Mort82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:38 AM   #84
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort82 View Post
Totally agree with the freedom given. Yes, we took what might be considered some ill advised shots with the lead down the stretch, but that's what this team is. They're free to take those shots or can make a bad pass once in a while without having to worry about being pulled. Allows them to play with much more confidence.
I bet brannen lets them know about it when they watch film though. The first Jaevin 3 and then the Jarron 3 were awful decisions.

The 2nd Jaevin 3 was a good shot though, we'll take that all day.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:41 AM   #85
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I bet brannen lets them know about it when they watch film though. The first Jaevin 3 and then the Jarron 3 were awful decisions.

The 2nd Jaevin 3 was a good shot though, we'll take that all day.
I thought the 1st Jaevin 3 was the only bad one. The other two were open. If they make them it’s game.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:46 AM   #86
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I thought the 1st Jaevin 3 was the only bad one. The other two were open. If they make them it’s game.
we shot 68.5% on 2 point shots last night. hoisting a 3 with 14 left on the shot clock from 5 feet behind the arc just isn't at all what you're looking for with 2 minutes to go and up 2. he can shoot that shot any time in any game. probably his worst decision of the night, and he doesn't make too many bad ones.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #87
cincrulz11
Epic Member

i just wanna say you're all lame for this board being dead today. biggest win of the year, looking to be in the tournament as of now, and no posts.

its a great time to be a bearcat fan.
Old 02-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #88
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
we shot 68.5% on 2 point shots last night. hoisting a 3 with 14 left on the shot clock from 5 feet behind the arc just isn't at all what you're looking for with 2 minutes to go and up 2. he can shoot that shot any time in any game. probably his worst decision of the night, and he doesn't make too many bad ones.
I didn’t love the Jarron 3 but you have to trust your guy. Can’t preach freedom, then get mad when they shoot.
Old 02-07-2020, 12:58 PM   #89
Chance2017

Chance2017 is on a distinguished road
Massive win last night. Really great for Jarron to have that moment. I honestly think his slow start could be a blessing in disguise if we find a way to make the tournament. His slow start enabled Keith, Chris, and Tre to carve out nice roles for themselves and get some confidence. Now you have Jarron playing well, you have a really fun offensive flow.

Do not get me wrong, I am still nervous about turnovers with this team.....But outside of that, I find myself liking the majority of the shots we are getting in our offense. We rarely have to chuck up a late 3 at the end of the shot-clock. That's a testament to CJB and our players. Cut down on the TO's and focus more on D. If we can do that we are a legit top 15-20 team.
Chance2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:05 PM   #90
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance2017 View Post
Massive win last night. Really great for Jarron to have that moment. I honestly think his slow start could be a blessing in disguise if we find a way to make the tournament. His slow start enabled Keith, Chris, and Tre to carve out nice roles for themselves and get some confidence. Now you have Jarron playing well, you have a really fun offensive flow.

Do not get me wrong, I am still nervous about turnovers with this team.....But outside of that, I find myself liking the majority of the shots we are getting in our offense. We rarely have to chuck up a late 3 at the end of the shot-clock. That's a testament to CJB and our players. Cut down on the TO's and focus more on D. If we can do that we are a legit top 15-20 team.
I agree it definitely helped others get confidence and figure out their role more. But with this Jarron we aren't still on the bubble and needing to mostly win out to get it.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote