Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives

Old 07-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Scott, Gaines, Jackson, Mbodji, Ellis gives you 5 low post players. I think UC will sign a wing. Having 5 low post players gives the staff the luxury of going after a wing or pg. I believe they will go after a 2/3 that can shoot and defend. Now with that said, I do believe anything is possible. If Mick can land a "true center" I believe he will with Moog graduating after next season that would leave only Gaines at the 5. Guess to clarify I think whoevever he can sign that is the best available player at the 2/3/5 will get the scholly.

Btw, not inside knowledge but with Kilpatricks age I personally believe he could leave early. If his game doesn't advance to the NBA level, maybe to Europe. I don't believe he will be here 4 years. Just my hunch.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #12
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Scott, Gaines, Jackson, Mbodji, Ellis gives you 5 low post players. I think UC will sign a wing. Having 5 low post players gives the staff the luxury of going after a wing or pg. I believe they will go after a 2/3 that can shoot and defend. Now with that said, I do believe anything is possible. If Mick can land a "true center" I believe he will with Moog graduating after next season that would leave only Gaines at the 5. Guess to clarify I think whoevever he can sign that is the best available player at the 2/3/5 will get the scholly.

Btw, not inside knowledge but with Kilpatricks age I personally believe he could leave early. If his game doesn't advance to the NBA level, maybe to Europe. I don't believe he will be here 4 years. Just my hunch.
that is who i was trying to discreetly imply- without starting rumors. but, hes going to be a 22 year old sophomore, has a daughter. so i wouldn't look past anything.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:04 PM   #13
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
that is who i was trying to discreetly imply- without starting rumors. but, hes going to be a 22 year old sophomore, has a daughter. so i wouldn't look past anything.
Don't you think Mick would have more insight to this than anyone else though? It was pointless to redshirt him if he didn't think there was at least a solid chance Kilpatrick could be here 4 years.

As for Lomomba, I wouldn't be upset if committed but I would prefer Hammons.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #14
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I know it's just from facebook. But he posts that he wishes he could stay in college forever a lot.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #15
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Shi*, I hope Killa leaves early.... That would likely mean:

a. He had a great season;

b. He helped our team achieve success;

c. He is going to make money playing basketball; and

d. He is likely going to make significant money playing basketball ($250,000 or more, annually).

My advice for Killa? Be hungry. Continue to improve. Get strong, faster and quicker. Play your way into the first round.

That's the perfect world. It's all about $ and providing for family.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:04 PM   #16
bearcatjb74

bearcatjb74 is on a distinguished road
I think we sign 2 early...Big man and a swing. Lots of backup plans popping up at power forward and point...we sign 3 to 4 overall...My take...
bearcatjb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Guilty View Post
Don't you think Mick would have more insight to this than anyone else though? It was pointless to redshirt him if he didn't think there was at least a solid chance Kilpatrick could be here 4 years.

As for Lomomba, I wouldn't be upset if committed but I would prefer Hammons.
what mick thinks prior to kilpatricks 1st year in 2009 versus what is actually happening in 2012 after kilpatricks 3rd year arent necessarily the same thing. thigns change. i didnt say for certain he would go pro. but kilpatrick didnt have a daughter when he decided to redshirt either.

if kilpatrick goes pro, it likely means he had a very good year- which is good for this team.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #18
dp3113
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatjb74 View Post
I think we sign 2 early...Big man and a swing. Lots of backup plans popping up at power forward and point...we sign 3 to 4 overall...My take...
agree. i think we sign 2 early, keep recruiting hard in the spring and see how things play out for the final scholarships.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #19
psax889906
Epic Member

psax889906 will become famous soon enoughpsax889906 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to psax889906
I don't see how SK leaves after this year... after his junior year I could see it. He doesn't have the physical gifts Lance did and his game is not ready yet.
psax889906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 07:05 AM   #20
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by psax889906 View Post
I don't see how SK leaves after this year... after his junior year I could see it. He doesn't have the physical gifts Lance did and his game is not ready yet.
I don't think he leaves after this season, unless his ball handling has REALLY improved. I think after his junior season.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote